- constituting a beginning; giving origin to something derived or developed; original; elementary: primordial forms of life.
- Embryology. first formed.
- pertaining to or existing at or from the very beginning: primordial matter.
a newborn child, or one in its first 28 days.
a bright moonlike spot on a lunar halo; a mock moon.
- a tool for cutting shallow holes by removing a core.
- Surgery. an obsolete form of the trephine resembling a carpenter's bit and brace.
(in Irish folklore) a spirit in the form of a wailing woman who appears to or is heard by members of a family as a sign that one of them is about to die.