Let Jake Theis be your guide to a new audioscape as he brings you news and interviews from the world of Magic with monthly installments of the Magic: The Gathering podcast from the halls of Wizards of the Coast.
Not only does your free iTunes subscription get you these monthly reports plus multiple daily updates during Pro Tours, but you'll also get our video segments from Pro Tours as video podcast downloads. Subscribe now and you can download the entire podcast catalog!
- Tenth Edition is almost here. But before we get to its Magic Game Day release on July 14, we have a little more time to whet your appetite. Director of Magic R&D Aaron Forsythe has the scoop on all the cool new additions to the core set: black borders, Legends, tips and tricks cards, and much more. He may have even let out a few cards that weren't public knowledge yet. But hey, he's the director -- who's going to stop him?
- Aaron sticks around for the second segment, which focuses on theme decks. Tenth Edition features five different mono-colored decks, each showcasing one of that color's Legends -- from Cho-Manno's Resolve to Molimo's Might. He also talks about the steps R&D takes in creating theme decks (whether for a core set or a block), plus how theme decks have influenced card creation and vice versa.
- June's almost over, but not before the pros hit the beach at Pro Tour-San Diego. The Two-Headed Giant Booster Draft action starts June 29, with the conclusion coming live on camera during the Top 4 webcast. Tune your computers to www.wizards.com/webcast at 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, July 1 to see every pick and play. Let's not forget about the big day itself: Worldwide Magic Game Day, July 14. More than 2,000 locations around the world have signed up, so there's bound to be a place near you. Get your hands on the new core set, meet new players in your area, and take part in the biggest Magic day of the year.
- Download it now! (26 MB mp3)
Click on the link to listen to the file in your browser, or right-click Save As to download to your computer.
To subscribe to the Magic: The Gathering podcast:If you already have iTunes on your computer, click here and you'll be directed to the Magic: The Gathering podcast in the iTunes directory. Click on the subscribe button there and you're all set.
WHAT IS PODCASTING?
Podcasting is delivering audio and video content on demand so that it can be enjoyed at the user's convenience. The main benefit of podcasting is that listeners can sync content to their media player and take it with them to listen whenever they want to. But they're not just for iPods…the files are ready to watch or listen to on just about any computer.
If you do not have iTunes:
- Go to http://www.apple.com/podcasting/
- Download iTunes version 7
- Launch iTunes.
- From the dropdown menus, select Advanced --
Subscribe to Podcast
- When prompted for a URL, enter http://www.wizards.com/magic/rsspodcast.xml and click OK.
Once you subscribe to the podcast, iTunes will automatically check for new files and download them to your computer. To ensure that you get timely updates, set your Podcast Settings to check for new episodes every hour (the Settings button is in the lower-right corner of the iTunes window, or you can find it under Edit --