WATCH THE LIVE VIDEO STREAM ON ALL THREE DAYS!
AUGUST 1-3, 2014
Portland Expo Center
Portland, Oregon, USA
PRO TOUR MAGIC 2015GENERAL INFORMATION
The Pro Tour visits Portland for the first time in the history of Magic: The Gathering. Pro Tour Magic 2015 features the conclusion of the 2013-14 Pro Season and the debut of the new Magic 2015 Core Set on the premier-play stage. The top players from around the world will be in Portland to battle for fame, glory, and $250,000 in cash prizes in the Standard Constructed and Magic 2015 Booster Draft formats. There's not only prize money on the line—invitations to the World Championship and the national champion slot for countries participating in the World Magic Cup will also be determined by the end-of-season standings, making this one of the most dramatic events of the year.
The Pro Tour is open to the public, so come by to see the best players in the world up close and personal, meet members of Wizards R&D, and much more! If you can't make it to Portland, tune in for the three-day live webcast starting Friday morning for complete access to the Pro Tour: live match coverage, deck techs, behind-the-scenes interviews with R&D members, and much more!
The Sunday schedule will now show every Top 8 match in its entirety! You'll see every draw step, every play, and every key decision on the live video stream as these players battle for the title of Pro Tour champion, the $40,000 first prize, an invitation to the 2014 World Championship, and automatic advancement to the Platinum level in the Pro Players Club.
PRO TOUR MAGIC 2015VIEWER INFORMATION
The live video webcast for Pro Tour Magic 2015 begins Friday morning and runs all three days. The live video stream can be found at twitch.tv/magic, with a full replay of each day starting approximately one hour after the end of the day. Check out the schedule below to find the start time in your area (start times approximate):
|Portland||9 a.m.||9 a.m.||9 a.m.|
|Los Angeles||9 a.m.||9 a.m.||9 a.m.|
|Chicago||11 a.m.||11 a.m.||11 a.m.|
|London||5 p.m.||5 p.m.||5 p.m.|
|Paris||6 p.m.||6 p.m.||6 p.m.|
|Berlin||6 p.m.||6 p.m.||6 p.m.|
|Moscow||8 p.m.||8 p.m.||8 p.m.|
|Tokyo||1 a.m. Saturday||1 a.m. Sunday||1 a.m. Monday|
|Sydney||2 a.m. Saturday||2 a.m. Sunday||2 a.m. Monday|
|Find other corresponding start times around the world here.
In addition to the live video stream, text coverage will be available at DailyMTG.com starting Friday morning, live chat sessions with players, R&D staff, and coverage reporters will take place at various times during the three days on CoverItLive, and video content will be posted to YouTube on the wizardsmtg channel.
The official Twitter hashtag for Pro Tour Magic 2015 is #ptm15.
The tournament hall is open to the public starting Friday morning. The Expo Center is located at the end of the MAX Yellow Line. Spectators are invited to watch the Pro Tour on projection screens showing the live webcast and matches from along the rail in designated viewing areas. The play area has been set up to allow for nearly every table to be visible to spectators. The weekend features a range of activities to satisfy all types of Magic fans.
Tournament Hall Hours for Spectators
Friday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Sunday: 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Along with the scheduled events, the Pro Tour Merchandise Booth is open all weekend. Don't miss out on your chance to buy the exclusive, limited-edition Pro Tour Magic 2015 playmat. The Merchandise Booth will be selling current Magic booster packs, single cards, accessories, the Funko POP! figures including a limited-edition Garruk, Araca t-shirts, and more. Booth hours are 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. Thursday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Sunday.
Here's a rundown of the scheduled spectator events at the Pro Tour:
- Saturday—VIP Drafting: Sign up at the Event Host desk for your chance to draft with R&D members Ben Hayes and Sam Stoddard. Drafts fire at 2:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m., with space extremely limited!
- Friday–Sunday—Garruk Live Art Project: Watch Eric Deschamps and Cynthia Sheppard create a custom piece of Garruk-themed art live! Attendees will be able to determine the final look and get a chance to take a copy of it home through an on-site drawing. Click here for more information.
- Sunday—Top 8 Viewing: Watch the Top 8 on the big screen and root on your favorite pros.
- Sunday—Spellslinging with Top Pros and R&D: Battle against top pros and members of Wizards R&D, with Platinum Pros Josh Utter-Leyton, Martin Juza, Brian Kibler, Shahar Shenhar, and No. 1-Ranked Player Reid Duke hosting Conspiracy Draft. (Note: player availability depending on Top 8 participation)
We know you’re a fan of Magic: The Gathering; now you can make it official! Check out Magic on Facebook: become a fan, find out about new updates to Magic and the Pro Tour, view exclusive photos, share your story with the community, and more!
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to set up a media credential for Pro Tour Magic 2015. Wizards of the Coast asks that all media requests be submitted according to this schedule:
- Video coverage: By July 4 (4 weeks prior to the event)
- Non-video coverage: By July 18 (two weeks prior to the event)
Requests made after that date, including requests made on-site, may be denied.
Media check-in information will be announced closer to the event.
PRO TOUR MAGIC 2015PLAYER INFORMATION
Thursday (Registration): 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Time: 4-8 p.m., Thursday, July 31
If you are unable to attend the official player registration Thursday evening, please email email@example.com as soon as possible so that we know that you will be attending and can plan accordingly.
Location: Portland Expo Center
2060 North Marine Dr.
Portland, OR 97217
Players must have a signed waiver and consent form to compete at Pro Tour Magic 2015. Forms can be downloaded here and will be available onsite.
Minors must have a parent or guardian’s signature on these forms. Minors will not be able to register or play unless we receive a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. No exceptions!
Bring these forms with you to registration. We will make forms available for competitors at registration, if necessary.
To register, all participants must present one of the following forms of identification:
- a driver’s license, or
- a passport, or
- a copy of a birth certificate and photo IDs (school IDs are acceptable).
The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and Infraction & Penalty Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document.
- Standard Constructed and Magic 2015 Booster Draft
- 3 Magic 2015 booster packs will be used for drafting
- Deck lists are required
- Check Magic Tournament Rules for Standard and Booster Draft format rules.
Single-card vendor Legion Games will be at the venue starting Thursday night for player registration. To ensure specific card availability, we encourage players to contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the Pro Tour.
- Day One will consist of 3 rounds of Booster Draft followed by 5 rounds of Standard
- Day Two will consist of 3 rounds of Booster Draft followed by 5 rounds of Standard
- 16 Swiss Rounds total, 55 minutes per round
- When time is called, the active player will finish the turn and five additional turns will be taken
- Stalling and slow play rules will be strictly enforced during the tournament.
- All players may participate in all 8 Swiss rounds of Friday's competition.
- Players with 12 or more match points after round 8 will advance to Saturday's competition.
- The Top 8 players after round 16 will advance to Sunday’s single-elimination playoff rounds.
- Playoff rounds will be Standard Constructed format
- Playoff quarterfinal and semifinal matches will be best 2 of 3. The finals match will be best 3 of 5.
- Standings after the Swiss rounds will be used to determine final order in the standings for losing players in the quarterfinal and semifinal playoff rounds.
- While there are no time limits in the playoff rounds, players are expected to play at a reasonable pace and finish their matches within 60 minutes (for quarterfinal and semifinal matches) and 90 minutes (for the finals match).
- For the first game of each match in the playoff rounds, the player that finished higher in the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or to play second. For subsequent games in each playoff match, the usual Play/Draw rule applies (loser of the previous game decides whether to play first in the next game.)
- Planeswalker Points Multiplier 12x (Lifetime Total only), REL: Professional
- Players are required to use the same Standard deck for Day One, Day Two, and the Top 8 playoff
- Players are responsible for knowing all DCI rules and high-level tournament rules.
- Players are responsible for bringing their own appropriate counters or tokens.
4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.: Player registration at event site
8:55 a.m.: Seating for player meeting posted
9:00 a.m.: Mandatory player meeting begins. Standard decklists are collected from player tables by judges.
9:10 a.m.: Day One play begins
8:55 a.m.: Day Two pairings posted
9:00 a.m.: Day Two play begins
8:15 a.m.: Finals players check in at the Top 8 playoff area
9:00 a.m.: Single-elimination matches begin
PRO TOUR MAGIC 2015PRIZE STRUCTURE
|Winner is awarded Platinum status in the Pro Players Club for the entirety of the 2014-15 Pro Season and an invitation to the 2014 World Championship.
Top 25 finishers also earn invitations and airfare to Pro Tour Khans of Tarkir in Honolulu. All prizes in U.S. Dollars. Prizes subject to change.
PRO TOUR MAGIC 2015GARRUK LIVE ART PROJECT
We invite you to experience the ‘Garruk Live Art Project’ with Cynthia Sheppard and Eric Deschamps, happening Friday, August 1, and Saturday, August 2, 10:00am – 6:00pm at Pro Tour Magic 2015! Watch these artists as they produce one unique, Garruk-themed art piece. And it won’t just be the artists creating! Four times each day we will spin a wheel containing Magic and Garruk-inspired items to determine what element the artists will add or subtract from the art piece.
As the art piece takes shape, be sure to enter your name into the drawing for a chance to choose either a play mat or an art print of the completed art piece for you to take home!
- Ten winners will be randomly drawn from the total entries, subject to the limit of one prize per winner.
- Attendees must submit an entry ticket to be part of the drawing.
- Entry tickets will be available beginning at 10:00am Friday, August 1 until 2:30pm Sunday, August 3 at the Event Host desk located at the front of the tournament hall. During those hours, attendees may submit one entry ticket per hour.
- There is no limit to the total number of entry tickets submitted; odds of winning depend on total entries received.
- The drawing for the ten art prizes will be on Sunday, August 3 at 3:00 PM local time. You must be present to win.
- Click here for official rules.