|July 16-July 25|
Magic Online Holiday Cube (in July!)
|July 25-July 28|
Magic 2015 Core Set Prerelease Events
|July 28-August 13|
Magic 2015 Core Set Release Events
|August 13-August 19|
Vintage Limited Championship Qualifiers
|August 20-August 26|
Vintage Constructed Championship Qualifiers
Vintage Limited Championship
Vintage Constructed Championship
Every Tuesday, we round up all of the biggest Magic Online news and post it right here in the Weekly Announcements Blog. Check in every Tuesday for all of the latest news!
On Friday, July 25, the Vintage Masters 4-3-2-2 Draft and Swiss Sealed Queues will be retired. As noted in a previous blog, the rest of Vintage Masters Events will remain active on Magic Online until the release of Khans of Tarkir in the fall.
When Magic Online returns from downtime on Wednesday, July 23, players will have 35 Phantom Points and one each of the five "Hunt" entry objects added to their accounts if they've been active on Magic Online between 2008, and the downtime on July 23. Due to the giveaway, Entry Objects for M15 Prerelease and Release Events will not be refundable.
In a continued effort to help new Magic Online players learn the game and the client, we are refreshing New To Magic Online Events with a new event and new prizes!
To help players get accustomed to a Limited environment, we are updating the existing suite of New Player Limited Events. The existing New Player Phantom Draft Queue will become the New To Magic Online Queue and will get new prizes that we'll talk about later in this section. We are also adding a scheduled New To Magic Online Sealed Event! To give players who are new to Magic Online the biggest possible variety of events, and to avoid duplicated formats, we will be retiring the current New Player Sealed Queue when all of the New To Magic Online Events roll out after downtime on Wednesday, July 23. The New To Magic Online Sealed Event will take its place beginning that Friday, July 25 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific. It will continue to run Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at 12:00 p.m. going forward.
Maybe Limited isn't your thing though. Beginning Wednesday, July 23, players will now be able to get practice in a Constructed environment with our New To Magic Online Standard Queue Event! This new event, as well as the New To Magic Online Phantom Sealed Scheduled Events and New To Magic Online Phantom Draft Queues, will all be awarding 5-Card Booster packs — a new addition to Magic Online.
In the past, New Player Events generally awarded pre-chosen sets of cards. With the addition of 5-Card Boosters to the prize pool, New Players will have more chances to diversify their collection and get hard-to-obtain cards right out of the gate!
What exactly is in these 5-Card Booster Packs? Glad you asked! The rarity of the cards inside depends on which pack you receive. Four out of every Five boosters will be an "uncommon" pack and will award 3 random common cards and 2 random uncommon cards. One in five packs will be a "rare" pack and award 3 random commons, 1 random uncommon, and 1 random rare, or mythic rare card. Should you be lucky enough to get one, there's a chance that you'll get a premium pack that will replace a common card with a premium instead. When New Player Events launch, 5-Card Boosters will be awarding cards from the Magic 2015 Core Set! Over time, the cards that 5-Card Boosters award will rotate to new sets.
With the release of the Magic 2015 Core Set, events and prizes will be updated on the schedule below.
The Events Calendar will be updated with full details on the dates indicated.
|Wednesday, July 23|
|Events Rotating Out
Current Magic 2014 Core Set events in the following formats will be retired:
Current Theros events in the following formats will be retired:
|Events Rotating In
|Friday, July 25|
|Events Rotating In|
|Monday, July 28|
|Events Rotating Out|
|Events Rotating In|
|Wednesday, July 30|
|Modern, Momir, Pauper, and Standard Constructed 8-Man Queues rotate to below prize schedule
|Modern, Momir, Pauper, and Standard Constructed 2-Man Queues rotate to below prize schedule
|Modern and Standard Constructed Daily Events rotate to below prize schedule
|Standard Premier Events rotate to below prize schedule
|Sealed Premier Events rotate to below prize schedule
|Other Premier Events rotate to below prize schedule
|Wednesday, August 13|
|Events Rotating Out|
|Events Rotating In
With the conclusion of Release Events, the following Magic 2015 Core Set Events rotate in:
- All tournaments will close July 23, 2014, at 12:00 a.m. Pacific (7:00 UTC)
- Store and trade activity will be suspended at approximately 2:45 a.m. Pacific(9:45 UTC)
- The system will be down from 3:00 a.m. Pacific (10:00 UTC) until 12:00 p.m. Pacific (19:00 UTC)
Known Issues with M15:
- 0 CMC artifacts cannot be cast when they get Convoke from Chief Engineer.
- Land cards which have activated abilities turning them into creatures do not gain the "Elemental" subtype text from Nissa, Worldwaker's ability.
- After targeting a player with the ability of Soul of Shandalar, all creatures are highlighted rather than only creatures of target player. Clicking an invalid target cancels the ability.
- The Chain Veil will change a Planeswalkers' first ability to read as text describing the abilities of The Chain Veil.
Magic Online Client updates:
- Fixed: Crash - Clicking on "Add Buddy" after removing a buddy no longer causes the client to crash
- Fixed: Crash – The client will no longer crash when conceding game 1 and then pressing submit during sideboarding.
- Grant: All players who have logged into Magic Online since 2008 have had those accounts receive 35 Phantom Points and 5 “Hunt” Prerelease Entry objects.
- Fixed: Rapidly moving cards between Fact or Fiction piles no longer crashes the Magic Online client.
- New: 5-Card Booster has been introduced.
- New: New to Magic Online events have been reworked.
- Update: Reminder text will only appear on cards when they are zoomed in or are being displayed in the preview window.
- Update: Flavor text will only appear on cards when they are zoomed in or are being displayed in the preview window.
- Update: When zooming on a tapped card, the zoomed card will now orient straight up.
- Fixed: Activating a Cursed Scroll now tells your opponent what card was named
- Fixed: Marchesa, the Black Rose's delayed trigger now causes it to be returned if it dies with a +1/+1 counter on it.
- Fixed: Thirst for Knowledge is properly restricted in Vintage.
- Fixed: The Banned list in Magic Online for 100-card Singleton has been updated to match this list.
- Fixed: The triggered ability of Gaze of the Gorgon now destroys creatures that were blocked by the targeted creature.
- Fixed: The active player can no longer see which card the opponent discards to Liliana of the Veil's +1 before choosing which card he or she will discard.
- Thirst for Knowledge now has a limit of 1 in Vintage instead of 4.
- Update: When a Token creature is created, that is now noted in the Game Log. Ex: “Raise the Alarm creates two Soldier tokens.”
- Update: All tokens now have, “Token” added to their type line.
- Update: Modal spells, while on the stack, after modes have been chosen, now have the text of modes that were not chosen appear in disabled style (gray), while the chosen modes appear in black text.
- Update: When casting a spell with Convoke, creatures that could help pay the cost are highlighted in the same style as lands.