Every Tuesday, we round up all of the biggest Magic Online news and post it right here in the Weekly Announcements Blog. Check in every Tuesday for all of the latest news!
As part of our ongoing analysis of player trends and event popularity, we’ve decided to add additional events to the daily event schedule on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays starting on Friday, 8/22. Entry and prize structures for these new events will be the same as existing Constructed and Sealed daily events. The Event Schedule will be updated with these new events on Wednesday, 8/20.
We're conducting a user research study in order to learn more about how players interact with Magic Online. We appreciate all feedback we get, and are currently looking for more information around trading in particular. If you run a trade bot or make frequent use of the trade functionality, we want to hear from you!
As a reminder, the August MOCS and MOPR seasons come to a close on Wednesday, August 27. Less than ten days left to get the promo cards pictured below! If you missed them last week, get a sneak-peek at September's cards in last week's blog.
2014 Magic Online Championship Series
The MOCS 2014 August Season runs from July 30, 2014, through August 27, 2014. The promo card is:
For those of you who missed it last week, be sure to check out Robert Schuster's write-up on the new Magic Online policies regarding Bribery, Collusion, and Prize Splitting.
With a several big updates scheduled for Magic Online in the coming weeks, we've decided to move the release date of From the Vault: Annihilation from August 22, 2014 to coincide with Khans of Tarkir on October 6, 2014. While we always try to release products on their scheduled delivery dates, delaying this release lets us focus on improving the quality level of all our upcoming updates. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
- All tournaments will close Wednesday, August 20, at 12:00 a.m. Pacific (7:00 UTC)
- Store and trade activity will be suspended at approximately 2:45 a.m. Pacific(9:45 UTC)
- The system will be down from 3:00 a.m. Pacific (10:00 UTC) until 12:00 p.m. Pacific (19:00 UTC)
A download will be required this week.
- The Magic Online User Agreement has been updated to incorporate the updated Bribery, Prize Splitting and Collusion changes described here.
- Fixed: Replays now display in Account -> Game History.
- Fixed: Chat is now displayed during replays.
- Fixed: Clock now displays correctly during replays.
- Fixed: Chat can be copy/pasted.
- Fixed: Issue where new messages in a chat would change chat window size.
- Updated: The Store will always default to the Store Front tab upon log in.
- New: The event details screen was given a major overhaul including adding new display grids, better filtering and sorting of results, and more timely display of information.
- New: Users can now Hide Events that they have joined until that event is ready to start, as well as Hide Events in progress. Users can Unhide events as well. Events will pop up when they begin as well.
- Updated: Users who click the X in the top right corner of a game now are only hiding that game/event. They are no longer dropping from the event.
- New: The way to Drop from Events from this screen as well has been improved. You now drop from Events on the Game Details screen.
- New: You can now access your events from the Play Lobby Navigation tab.
Card and Gameplay Fixes
- Fixed: The activated ability of Necropotence now exiles cards face down. Previously, if you had searched your library earlier in the game, Necropotence would exile cards face up.
- Updated: You can now play games with decks that have cards that you own copies of, even if you don’t own the specific version that is in the deck being used. For example, if you have a foil Misdirection in your deck but only a regular Misdirection in your collection, the game will start and your deck will have the regular Misdirection in your deck.
- Updated: Reduced size of the Red Zone.
- Fixed: Defaults for Hand Size and Temporary Windows, such as those caused by Triggered Abilities have been updated.
- Fixed: Multi-target spells, such as Launch the Fleet, now indicate with highlighting and arrows which creatures have been targeted.
- Fixed: When a player is required to interact with a window for the game to proceed, such as placing triggers on the stack, that window will now default to become the top window.
- Fixed: You can now resize the Exile (Can be Cast) window without it resetting to its default size and position.
- Fixed: The Chat and Log now remain sticky when docked between games and matches.
- Fixed: Card affected by a long lasting ability have the inward blue arrows to properly indicate association.
- Fixed: You can no longer undo (CTRL-Z) the mana payment of Oppressive Rays to both allow your creature to block and receive back the mana payment.
- Fixed: Drawing a card from among a selection of cards (ex. Tomorrow, Azami’s Familiar) no longer crashes the game.
- Fixed: Exiled cards are now dimmed on the battlefield properly.
- Fixed: Battlefield dims for only the proper player when activating Monstrosity as the defending player during Combat Phase.
- Updated: Classifieds have updated Default Behavior to better match behavior that was used in V3.
- Fixed: The Wish List feature now properly calculates how many of an individual card are needed.
- Fixed: Receiving 1 copy of a card no longer removes all copies from your Wish List.
- Fixed: The number display indicating the number of cards selected for trade now dims and displays properly.
- Removed: Players can no longer create custom categories for decks. Decks will all be organized and stored by format. If you had decks in the Custom folder, you can find those decks in the format where they are legal.
- Updated: Saved and older Limited decks can now be found under the Freeform category. The Limited category has been removed.
- Fixed: Items that are added to an active trade binder are now properly reflected and immediately updated in the Collection scene.
- Fixed: After using tickets, the updated quantity is now properly displayed immediately after use.
- Fixed: Sorting by Collection number now properly sorts by Collection number.
- Fixed: Adding and removing the same card from a deck quickly no longer provides an incorrect quantity of cards ending up in the deck.
- Fixed: Selecting to not show foils now properly removes foils from being shown in all instances.
- Fixed: Selecting “Add All to Open Binder” now properly adds all copies of the selected card to the open binder.
- Fixed: Having more copies of a card in your deck than in your collection will now properly indicate how many copies are needed rather than incorrectly saying that all copies are needed.
- Fixed: Player not seeing the contents of Trade partner’s trade binder no longer causes a crash.
- Fixed: In some instances, the user encounters had experienced a crash when navigating away and back to the collection scene.
- Fixed: Opening a new chat with a chat already docked causes either a visual error or a crash.
- Fixed: Attempting to watch games with excessively long status causes a crash.
- Fixed: In some instances, closing a private chat window crashed the client. The issue is now resolved.
- Fixed: Right clicking on cards in the matches’ pane that are not owned no longer causes a crash.
- Fixed: Game no longer crashes when the user opens the Wish list binder after adding an unowned card to the wish list.