Every Tuesday, we round up all of the biggest Magic Online news and post it right here in the Weekly Announcements Blog. Check in every Tuesday for all of the latest news!
Last week we announced that Premier Play has returned to Magic Online! Below is a round-up of the best resources for Premier Play information.
The team for the upcoming 2014 Magic Online Community Cup has been announced!
Who will emerge victorious? The Community Team, or the Wizards Team? Check out the roster below!
- Sean "Day" Plott from Palo Alto, California, USA
- Tom Ross from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
- Scott MacCallum from Bradford, Ontario, Canada
- Björn Andreasson from Karlskrona, Sweden
- Dalibor Trnka from Col del Vale, Mexico
- Mariah "Team Panda" Pagliocco from Renton, Washington, USA
- Frank Lepore from St. Petersburg, Florida, USA
- Paul Cheon from San Jose, California, USA
With a several big updates scheduled for Magic Online in the coming weeks, we've decided to move the release date of From the Vault: Annihilation from August 22, 2014 to coincide with Khans of Tarkir on October 6, 2014. While we always try to release products on their scheduled delivery dates, delaying this release lets us focus on improving the quality level of all our upcoming updates. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
Every year, Magic Online invites Certified Magic Judges from around the world to participate in invite-only Sealed Events: The Magic Online Judges Open. Details for the 2014 MOJO event can be found here!
With the release of the Magic 2015 Core Set, events and prizes will be updated on the schedule below.
The Events Calendar will be updated with full details on the dates indicated.
|Wednesday, August 13|
|Events Rotating Out|
|Events Rotating In
With the conclusion of Release Events, the following Magic 2015 Core Set Events rotate in:
There will be an extended downtime on Wednesday, August 20, for Magic Online. Events close at 12:00 a.m. Pacific (07:00 UTC), midnight, and store activity and trades end at 2:45 a.m. Pacific (09:45 UTC) leading up to the system coming down at 3:00 a.m. Pacific (10:00 UTC).
Please plan ahead!
- All tournaments will close at 5:00 a.m. Pacific (12:00 UTC)
- Store and trade activity will be suspended at approximately 7:45 a.m. Pacific (14:45 UTC)
- The system will be down from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Pacific (15:00 to 19:00 UTC)
- Fixed: Artifacts with a converted mana cost of 0 can now be cast while the player controls Chief Engineer
- Fixed: Tokens without rules text now have a text box added correctly when they gain rules or abilities
- Fixed: Casting Chain Veil no longer changes the displayed text of the first activated ability of Planeswakers on the battlefield
- Fixed: Choosing a card to put into your hand with Telling Time no longer reveals that card to your opponent
- Fixed: When a player casts Gifts Ungiven, cards chosen by the opponent will now be put into the graveyard correctly
- Fixed: Burning of Xinye now destroys the correct number of lands
- Fixed: Tangle Wire now requires the correct number of permanents to be tapped
- Fixed: Punishing Fire's triggered ability now works correctly when an opponent gains life
- Fixed: Issue that can cause cards to be visually duplicated during a deckbuilding in a draft
- Fixed: Several crashes around limited deck building and sideboarding
- Fixed: Issue that prevents joining events or matches with a deck that contains versions of cards that are different from the versions in your collection