Every Tuesday, we round up all of the biggest Magic Online news for the Weekly Announcements Blog.
Check in weekly for the latest updates!
Your feedback is valuable to us and helps us improve Magic Online. Let us know about your play experience in this player survey!
The following are a list of known issues around the release of Khans of Tarkir on Magic Online. We are working right now to resolve everything on the below list. In the meantime, we want to get this list out to players so they are aware of what we're up to and so they know how to avoid problematic bugs. As of now, the entirety of the below list have planned fixes launching on Wednesday, October 22, during downtime.
- Sidisi, Brood Tyrant's trigger creates multiple zombies if multiple creatures are put into the graveyard at the same time.
- When activating abilities mana should be automatically consumed
- Raid does not trigger when creatures are placed onto the battlefield from the opponent's library
- Ashcloud Phoenix returns under the wrong player's control when controlled by a player other than its owner
- Clever Impersonator doesn't trigger the raid ability of the opponent's creature that it copies
- If a planeswalker would take trample damage, and is removed from the battlefield before damage, it crashes the client
- Some cards that were printed at a rarity other than common outside of Magic Online are showing up as legal in the Pauper format, even though they are not commons on Magic Online.
Lately, there has been some confusion around how the morph mechanic works on Magic Online. Players have been asking, "Why would I want my morph overlay to have the foil treatment?" Or, "If a morph card is bounced, why does it return to the same position on the battlefield?" This concern is justified, as both of these things could give your opponent valuable information as to which morphs you have lying in wait. Fortunately, your opponent doesn't know either of these things!
Both of the aforementioned morph effects are only visible to the morph's owner. To your opponent, your foil morph will look just like any other morph overlay. When a bounced morph returns to the field, it will be in a random position to your opponent, but retain the same position it previously did from your point of view. Check out all of the morph improvements we made with the implementation of Khans of Tarkir in Digital Editor, Allison Medwin's, most recent article.
The November MOCS and MOPR seasons run from October 29, 2014 through November 26, 2014. Check out the upcoming MOCS and MOPR promos below!
2014 Magic Online Championship Series
The MOCS 2014 November Season runs from October 29, 2014, through November 26, 2014. The promo card is:
|Wednesday, October 22|
|Events Rotating Out|
|Events Rotating In
With the conclusion of Release Events, the following Khans of Tarkir Events will rotate in:
There will be an extended downtime on Wednesday, October 22, for Magic Online. Events close at 12:00 a.m. Pacific (07:00 UTC), midnight, and store activity and trades end at 2:45 a.m. Pacific (09:45 UTC) leading up to the system coming down at 3:00 a.m. Pacific (10:00 UTC).
Please plan ahead!
- All tournaments will close at 5:00 a.m. Pacific (12:00 UTC)
- Store and trade activity will be suspended at approximately 7:45 a.m. Pacific (14:45 UTC)
- The system will be down from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Pacific (15:00 to 19:00 UTC)
|October 6-October 22|
|October 15-October 18|
|October 15-October 18|
|November 5-November 7|
|November 12-November 18|
|November 19-November 25|