|October 1-October 3|
|Season 10 Magic Online Championship Series Preliminaries|
|Season 10 Magic Online Championship Series Finals|
|October 1-October 4|
|Pro Tour Qualifier Preliminaries|
|Pro Tour Qualifier Finals|
|October 3-October 6|
Khans of Tarkir Prerelease Events
|October 6-October 22|
Khans of Tarkir Release Events
Every Tuesday, we round up all of the biggest Magic Online news and post it right here in the Weekly Announcements Blog. Check in every Tuesday for all of the latest news!
They say that the strong survive, so to recognize the 2014 Community Team's victory over the Wizards Team, everyone who logged into Magic Online during the 2014 Community Cup coverage (12:00 a.m. Friday, September 12 through 11:59 p.m. Sunday, September 14) will be granted Survival of the Fittest. Players can expect to receive their premium foil copy of Survival of the Fittest during the October 1 downtime.
On Wednesday, October 8, several products will be leaving the Magic Online Store. Both Vintage Masters booster packs and Theros block Intro Packs will be leaving during the downtime.
Interested in participating in the Magic Online Championship Series or qualifying for the Pro Tour? Want to play Khans of Tarkir before the Prerelease? Get an early look at Khans of Tarkir by entering a MOCS Season 10 Preliminary or a PTQ Preliminary on Wednesday, October 1 or Thursday, October 2!
Khans of Tarkir Prerelease Events begin Friday, October 3. On Monday, October 6, prerelease events will come to an end, and Khans of Tarkir will officially be on sale!
Beyond Destruction Looms Annihilation. Harness the savage power of fifteen of the most brutal Magic cards ever unleashed.
From the Vault: Annihilation is coming out on Monday, October 6! In case you missed it when it was first announced, read up on these powerful board clearing cards here.
In an effort to make it easier for players to participate in events they're interested in, the minimum player requirement for several Magic Online events is being reduced! Check out the handy table below to see which events will be affected by these changes.
|Event Name||Original Minimum Player Requirement||New Minimum Player Requirement|
|MOCS Preliminaries||32 Players||17 Players|
|Limited and Standard PTQ Preliminaries||32 Players||17 Players|
|Set or Format Championship Preliminaries||33 Players||17 Players|
|Set or Format Championship Finals||65 Players||33 Players|
If you've been waiting to redeem Avacyn Restored, Dark Ascension, or Innistrad—now's the time! The Redemption Guarantee Date has passed us by and redemption set stock is running out as we rapidly approach the cut-off date for each of the aforementioned sets.
Refer to the Magic Online Release and Redemption Schedule for more information.
The Magic Online Account Creation and Password Reset pages re-launch with a new look on Wednesday, October 1. Players can check out the updated step-by-step guide if they have any trouble with the sign-up process.
To all new Magic Online players out there, there will be a change to round times in New to Magic Online Events on Friday, October 3. Round times will be reduced to 54 minutes, from the previous 60 minutes.
The downtime for Wednesday, October 1 is being extended. The Magic Online Twitter account will have updates as we make progress on introducing Khans of Tarkir to Magic Online.
- All tournaments will close October 1, at 5:00 a.m. Pacific (12:00 UTC)
- Store and trade activity will be suspended at approximately 2:45 a.m. Pacific(9:45 UTC)
- The system will be down from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Pacific (15:00 to 21:00 UTC)
- Updated: The Magic Online Account Creation site and Reset Password site have an updated look and feel. The sites also now better describe the rules for creating usernames, passwords and security question answers. In addition, the error handling workflows and messaging have been improved.
- Updated: You can now save and reload decks during deck building in Draft and Sealed. Use the right-click option to load variations of your deck after previously saving it.
- Fixed: Issues around rebinding “Look at facedown creatures” from F5 to another key have been resolved.
- Updated: Counters placed onto permanents are now right-aligned.
- Updated: There have been updates to when reminder text shows up when zooming on triggered abilities.
- Updated: Modal spells now have bullet points to match the update to Oracle. When cast, the selected modes will appear in black text while the unselected modes will be grey.
- Fixed: Spirespine (and other 'Must Block' creatures) no longer gives illegal blocker error if it doesn't block, which previously prevented the game from progressing.
- Fixed: Players are now told which type of card they are supposed to choose for each selection made for Cataclysm.
- Fixed: Players now get better prompting with cards such as Cone of Flame which multi-target different amounts of damage.
- Fixed: Blue text now properly appears for creatures granted Dethrone.
- Fixed: When attempting to cast Rescue from the Underworld through Unexpected Results the player can now proceed in all situations.
- Fixed: Nissa, Worldwaker abilty now properly displays Elemental subtype on the targeted land.
- Fixed: Wrath effects such as Blasphemous Act, Mutilate, etc. no longer cause the game to crash in multiplayer games when killing multiple creatures.
- Fixed: If you concede while scrying, the cards are no longer revealed after the game.
Look and Feel
- Added: There is now a Morph overlay that shows when a Morph creature is facedown.
- Updated: When looking at or zooming on facedown creatures, the creature shown has an updated visual.
- Fixed: Sliver Hive’s context menu has been updated for correctness and clarity.
- Fixed: The art for all Planeswalkers now properly displays when their abilities are placed onto the stack.
- Fixed: Basic Snow Lands now have the mana symbol properly displayed in their text box.
- Fixed: M15 Avatars now properly display in the Home Scene and Draft Scenes.
- Fixed: Sliver tokens now have the proper frame.