What Is the Magic Online Weekly Announcements Blog?
Every Tuesday, we round up all of the biggest Magic Online news for the Weekly Announcements Blog.
Check in weekly for the latest updates!
- This Weekend, Head to a Kaladesh Prerelease Event At Your Local Game Store
- Incoming 2017 Magic Online Championship Series Details
- Upcoming Legacy Cube Streamer Showdown on September 22
- The Legacy Cube Returns, September 21
- Announcing October MOPR Promos
- The Year of Modern Flashbacks Continues with Mirrodin Besieged
- Upcoming Power Nine Challenge September 24
- Inactivity Timeout for Premier Play Events Extended
- Upcoming Extended Downtime on Wednesday, September 28
- Downtime for September 21, 2016
- Build Notes
- Ongoing and Upcoming Events
- Ask us anything on the Magic Online Tumblr!
- Download Magic Online
This Weekend, Head to a Kaladesh Prerelease Event At Your Local Game Store
No premier play this weekend. Experience Kaladesh at your local game store's Prerelease this weekend, September 24-25,! Check back next week on MTGO.com for full Magic Online Kaladesh Prerelease information!
Incoming 2017 Magic Online Championship Series Details
The Legacy Cube Returns, September 21
The Legacy Cube makes its triumphant return on September 21, following the downtime! Get the full event details and see what's changed in the latest iteration of the Legacy Cube here.
Please Note: Due to issues with Puppeteer Clique, we will be replacing it with Xiahou Dun, the One-Eyed in the upcoming run of the Legacy Cube.
Upcoming Legacy Cube Streamer Showdown on September 22
If you've never seen a Streamer Showdown before, they come in two eight-player pods that feature some of the best streamers in the community brawling with the latest Magic Online sets, Cubes, and Flashback Drafts. If you're trying to improve your game, Magic Online streamers are some of the best players out there—and some of the best teachers, too. Even if you're already a Magic pro, throw your support behind one of the competitors and cheer them on from their Twitch chat!
This Streamer Showdown will feature a Legacy Cube Draft! Check out the streamer lineup below, then stop by your favorite streamer's Twitch channel on Thursday, September 22, at 1:00 p.m. PT/8:00 p.m. UTC and 6:00 p.m. PT/1:00 a.m. UTC for the latest Streamer Showdown.
Thursday, September 22, 1:00 p.m. PT/8:00 p.m. UTC Event
- Paul Cheon
- Gaby Spartz
- Marshall Sutcliffe
- Jennifer Long
- Neal Oliver
- Paul Pires
- Windmill Slam
Thursday, September 22, 6:00 p.m. PT/1:00 a.m. UTC Event
- Cameron Aldous
- Jim Davis
- Thomas Delia
- Caleb Durward
- Gabe Reale
- Magic the Amateuring
- Noah Sandler
Announcing October MOPR Promos
The October MOPR period runs from September 21, 2016, through October 26, 2016. Here are the promo cards:
Play in one or more events during the MOPR period, and you'll get a non-premium Rise from the Tides. Five or more and you'll get an additional premium Rise from the Tides. Spend at least $20 total in the Magic Online Store during this MOPR period, and you'll get a non-premium Gush. By spending $40 or more, you'll get an additional, premium, Gush.
And remember, this means it's your last chance to get the September MOPR promos, like this Flaying Tendrils.
In the Magic Online Player Rewards (MOPR) program, Magic Online players are rewarded for participating in tournaments of a sufficient size, as well as making purchases in the Magic Online Store. Learn about the specifics of the program here.
The Year of Modern Flashbacks Continues with Scars of Mirrodin
It's 2016: The Year of Modern Flashbacks! If you want to build up a collection for Modern, these Flashback Drafts add everything you draft to you collection once the event is over. Even if Modern isn't your thing, you can enjoy a leisurely Draft through the planes of the past with rotating formats each week!
Mirrodin Besieged-Scars of Mirrodin-Scars of Mirrodin Drafts kick off after the September 21 downtime. Get the full schedule here and mark your calendar for the formats you're most excited about!
Upcoming Power Nine Challenge September 24
Play in the upcoming Power Nine Challenge on Saturday, September 24 for a chance to win a piece of the Power Nine!
Inactivity Timeout for Premier Play Events Extended
Effective immediately, the timeout limit for PTQ Finals, MOCS, and RPTQ Events will be extended to 15 minutes from the original 10. Our hope is that extending the time limit will give players who are experiencing technical issues in high-level events more time to contact DEC support and troubleshoot the problem.
Upcoming Extended Downtime on Wednesday, September 28
There will be an extended downtime on Wednesday, September 28, for Magic Online. Events close at 12:00 a.m. PT/7 a.m. UTC (that's midnight Pacific), and store activity and trades end at 2:45 a.m. leading up to the system coming down at 3:00 a.m. The system is estimated to return from downtime at 12:00 p.m.
Downtime for September 21, 2016
- All tournaments will close Wednesday, September 21, at 5:00 a.m. PT/12 p.m. UTC
- Store and trade activity will be suspended at approximately 7:45 a.m. PT/2:45 p.m. UTC
- The system will be down from 8:00 a.m./3 p.m. UTC until 12:00 p.m. PT/7 p.m. UTC
- Collection | Renaming binders now allows for the correct amount of characters.
- General | An issue that caused rare client crashes has been fixed.
- General | A bug that caused the client to crash upon login after changing time zones has been fixed.
- General | The Added to Your Collection pane and trade windows are once again appropriately sticky, and will no longer appear at a different location each time they open.
- General | Chat history is maintained when a chat window is closed and reopened.
- Leagues | Added support for improved League matchmaking.
- Store | A rare bug in which the store would take payment but not provide product has been fixed.
- Store | System generated error emails sent out for redemption failures will now provide information to you regarding why the failure occurred.
- Trade | An error causing the trade window to turn white and freeze temporarily upon submission has been fixed.
- Trade | Binder sync and performance has been improved.
September 23 Hotfix Build Notes
- Trade | Binders now update when you get a trade request while in the Collection scene, so most recent binders are shown in trade. This will not work if players are initiating from the Collection scene by sending direct trade requests to players from the Chat dropdown menu.
- Trade | Fixed an issue preventing the active binder from showing as active in the Collection scene
- Trade | Fixed an issue where binders were out of sync with the server and would not accept player inputs
Ongoing and Upcoming Events
Head on over to our shiny new event calendar at MTGO.com/Calendar for an easy-to-digest breakdown of events happening all across Magic Online.