The Apocalypse expansion includes randomly inserted foil-finished premium cards in a limited, 143 all-new, black-bordered card set featuring 44 rares, 44 uncommons and 55 commons.
Apocalypse introduces a host of mechanics and multi-colored madness to the Invasion cycle.
- Envoys -- Fetch creature cards from the top of your library.
- Siphon Creatures -- Cards for life creatures.
- Enemy Pain Lands -- Pay 1 life for enemy mana.
- Enemy Split Cards -- Enemy spell flexibility.
- Disciples -- Enemy color activated abilities.
- Volvers -- Two enemy color kickers each.
- Sanctuaries -- Bonus enchantments for enemy color decks.
For more info, check out the Apocalypse Prerelease Kit
Apocalypseby J. Robert King
Two brothers began a war, and now it's coming to an end. If you know Magic, you know of Urza and Mishra, the brothers who began a war that shattered a world.
Download a sample chapter (716k - pdf)
Cardlists & FAQs
(For the Apocalypse FAQ, see the Magic Set FAQs page.)
It's all hitting the fan. And the fan's hitting back. The Signs of Apocalypse are here.
Enemy colors band together like never before. Volvers evolve into huge monstrosities if you pay one or both of their enemy-color kicker costs while Sanctuaries give you a benefit each upkeep if you control a permanent of one or both enemy colors.
Even creatures show signs of the Apocalypse as new magical abilities threaten to unleash multi-colored mayhem. Be Wise; Learn to handle their fury.
After all, knowledge is power. Miss out and rest in pieces.