I hope you got to play in a Dragons of Tarkir Prerelease over the weekend, and I hope you got to play with a lot of Dragons. And for your sake today, I hope you were paying attention to those Dragons.
Granted, we're going to quiz you on a few Dragons that predate Tarkir block, but the dragoniest set that ever dragoned surely should give you some insight into the world of the largest winged beasts in all the Multiverse.
As with any quiz of this nature, we're just going to pretend changelings and Mistform Ultimus don't exist. Mmmkay?
- This Dragons of Tarkir Dragon became the first Dragon alphabetically in the entirety of Magic's history. Name that Dragon. (1 point)
- Name the Dragon it displaced at the front of Magic's Dragon phonebook. (2 points)
- Fate Reforged and Dragons of Tarkir each contain a cycle of the Dragonlords for each Dragon clan. Which Dragon's two forms have the highest combined power and toughness? (2 points)
- What Dragon has the highest converted mana cost? (2 points)
- Three Dragons have a printed power of 0. Name those three Dragons. (1 point each)
- How many Dragons are there in Dragons of Tarkir? (1 point)
- One Dragon was initially available only as a promotional card at DragonCon before being provided with the Duelist magazine that same year. Name that Dragon. (2 points)
- What Dragon has the shortest name? (2 points)
- What two creatures can be sacrificed to search your library for Viashivan Dragon to put it directly onto the battlefield? (3 points)
- In 1999, Kai Budde won the World Championship with four copies of what Dragon in his main deck? (2 points)
- Acid-Spewer Dragon
- Alabaster Dragon
- Atarka. Dragonlord Atarka and Atarka, World Render. As if there was any question.
- Dragon Hatchling, Dragon Egg, Clockwork Dragon
- 26. If you got this wrong, shame on you.
- Nalathni Dragon
- Kyscu Drake and Spitting Drake
- Covetous Dragon
How'd you do?
20 points: Atarka, Quiz Render
16–19 points: Quizmate Dragon
12–15 points: Cunning Quizdancer
9–11 points: Elder Quiz Wurm
5–8 points: Quiz Whelp