bor•bo•ryg•mus [bawr-buh-rig-muh s]
- a rumbling or gurgling sound caused by the movement of gas in the intestines.
di•lu•vi•al [dih-loo-vee-uh l]
- pertaining to or caused by a flood or deluge.
pri•mor•di•al [prahy-mawr-dee-uh l]
- constituting a beginning; giving origin to something derived or developed; original; elementary: primordial forms of life.
- Embryology. first formed.
- pertaining to or existing at or from the very beginning: primordial matter.
se•pul•chral [suh-puhl-kruh l]
- of, pertaining to, or serving as a tomb.
- of or pertaining to burial.
- proper to or suggestive of a tomb; funereal or dismal.
- hollow and deep: sepulchral tones.
syl•van [sil-vuh n]
- of, pertaining to, or inhabiting the woods.
- consisting of or abounding in woods or trees; wooded; woody: a shady, sylvan glade.
- made of trees, branches, boughs, etc.