It's Time Travel Week on DailyMTG.com, and that can only mean one thing: the return of the Extra Turns Quiz!
The last time we took an extra turns quiz was in June, and a few things have changed since then. For one, we've actually traveled back in time on Tarkir, giving us a fresh new perspective on all things time travel-y. For another, well, you'll just have to start the quiz.
Write down your answers to each question, then scroll down to the bottom for the answers and scoring. Some questions are worth more points, so try and get as many right as possible, then let us know your score on Twitter with the hashtag #mtgtimewarp.
1a) Last time we did a time walk quiz, back in June, there were 30 cards that granted extra turns. How many are there now?
1b) Name the new cards.
2) What is the most expensive "take an extra turn" card?
3) Time Walk's original playtest text was "Target player loses next turn." Thankfully, that was caught well before being printed. However, three "take another turn" cards do make a player lose the game. Name them.
4) What happens if you control an Ugin's Nexus and play a second one?
5a) How many creatures contain the phrase "an extra turn" in their text?
5b) Name as many as you can.
6) A Pro Tour was won within the past five years with a "take another turn" card in the main deck. Name:
6a) The card.
6b) The Pro Tour.
6c) The player who won.
Score yourself based on the point totals below.
1a) 32—1 point
4) Not much. You choose one to keep, since they're legendary, and the extra turn trigger goes on the stack and then resolves. But when your extra turn would start, the left-over Nexus prevents it from ever happening. Kind of like Ugin's Nexus helped prevent Ugin's death from ever happening…—2 points
5a) 6—1 point
6a) Temporal Mastery—1 point
6b) Pro Tour Avacyn Restored—1 point
6c) Alexander Hayne—2 points
How'd you do?
20 points: Temporal Mastery.
16–19 points: Savor the Moment. You've earned it.
6–10: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, take another quiz after this one.
0–5 points: You really could use a Second Chance at this one.