variant of chi·mer·i·cal
- Created by or as if by a wildly fanciful imagination; highly improbable.
- Given to unrealistic fantasies; fanciful.
- A weapon formerly used, consisting of a large blade fixed on the end of a pole, whose edge was on the outside curve; also, a light lance with a long sharp-pointed head.
- A sword; -- used poetically and loosely.
- To criticize or reprove sharply; reprimand.
- To check or repress.
- Support or stabilization of a plant in the soil through the spreading of its roots.
- A big-game hunter.
- A guide for big-game hunting.
- To turn or move aside or onto another course: shunting traffic around an accident.
- To evade by putting aside or ignoring: urgent problems that society can no longer shunt aside.
- To switch (a train or car) from one track to another.
- Electricity. To provide or divert (current) by means of a shunt.
- Medicine. To divert or permit flow of (a body fluid) from one pathway or region to another by surgical means.