Lexicon: Fifth Dawn Edition
Posted in Arcana
on June 2, 2004
The goal of The Lexicon is to teach players the meanings of some of the more obscure words we use in card names. While many of the offbeat names (like "Tyrranax") are simply made up, we often dig around dictionaries for real little-used and archaic words for inspiration. Check out these Lexicon entries drawn from Fifth Dawn cards.
- A person who has retired into seclusion for religious reasons.
- The commander of a century in the Roman army.
- A person who likes to join groups.
- A cabinetmaker whose work involves making things by joining pieces of wood.
- Of, pertaining to, or like, opal in appearance; having changeable colors like those of the opal.
- [So named in honor of the Earl of Orrery.] An apparatus which illustrates, by the revolution of balls moved by wheelwork, the relative size, periodic motions, positions, orbits, etc., of bodies in the solar system.
Latest Arcana Articles
Consult the archives for more articles!