- To confuse or disconcert; upset; frustrate.
- Any very wealthy, influential, or powerful person.
- A person, especially a European, who has made a large fortune in India or another country of the East.
- A social outcast.
- any person or animal that is generally despised or avoided.
- To remove the pith from (a plant stem).
- To sever or destroy the spinal cord of, usually by inserting a needle into the vertebral canal.
- Porous cinderlike fragments of dark lava.
- The refuse of a smelted metal or ore; slag.
- A descendant or heir.
- A detached shoot or twig containing buds from a woody plant, used in grafting.