- An apparatus consisting chiefly of a closed vessel (as a globe or cylinder) with one or more projecting bent tubes, through which steam is made to pass from the vessel, causing it to revolve.
- A shallow drinking cup with two handles; used in ancient Greece.
- A musical instrument of the Aboriginal peoples of Australia, consisting of a long hollow branch or stick that makes a deep drone when blown into.
- A cloudy radiance said to surround a classical deity when on earth.
- A radiant light that appears usually in the form of a circle or halo about or over the head in the representation of a god, demigod, saint, or sacred person such as a king or an emperor.
- A splendid atmosphere or aura, as of glamour, that surrounds a person or thing.
- A rain cloud, especially a low dark layer of clouds such as a nimbostratus.
- A compact or close-knit body of people.
- A formation of infantry carrying overlapping shields and long spears, developed by Philip II of Macedon and used by Alexander the Great.
- A learned person; a scholar.