- Arabic, Persian and Swahili word meaning “soldier.”
- A native African police officer or soldier, esp. one serving a colonial administration.
- Of, at, or forming the base.
- Forming a basis; fundamental; basic.
- Indicating a standard low level of activity of an organism, as during total rest.
- Of an amount required to maintain this level.
- Cause to start burning.
- Start to burn or burst into flames.
- A person who predicts impending misfortune or disaster.
- A hideously ugly vampire.
- Member of a pentarchy.
- a government by five persons.
- a governing body of five persons.
- a federation of five nations, each under its own government or ruler.
- The partial or imperfect shadow outside the complete shadow of an opaque body, as a planet, where the light from the source of illumination is only partly cut off.
- The grayish marginal portion of a sunspot.
- A shadowy, indefinite, or marginal area.
- A wasting away.
- Pulmonary tuberculosis; consumption.
- A descendant or heir.
- A detached shoot or twig containing buds from a woody plant, used in grafting.
- An organ or part by means of which a spider, insect larva, or the like spins a silky thread for its web or cocoon.
- A metal plate or cup with tiny holes through which a chemical solution is extruded to form continuous filaments, as of rayon, nylon, or polyester.
- Having a glutinous consistency; sticky; adhesive; viscous.
- Botany. Covered by a sticky substance.
Sources: dictionary.com; wikipedia.com