With a plethora of cool foil promo cards, a photo scavenger hunt, limited advanced sales of From the Vault: Relics (details below), a Duels of the Planeswalkers lounge, Magic tournaments, and other activities, this Gen Con will be one to remember! The action starts Thursday, August 5 in Indianapolis.
- Magic Online Live event leading to Worlds in Chiba
- Vintage Championship: Friday, 10 a.m.
- Legacy Championship: Saturday, 10 a.m.
- Zendikar Block Championship: Thursday, 5 p.m.
- Duels of the Planeswalkers Lounge: Powered by Alienware Thursday-Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Hands-on demo of Magic: The Gathering – Tactics
- Multiplayer Massive Magic, featuring Wizards R&D members Tom LaPille and Mark Gottlieb playing with members of the audience, plus head judge Sheldon Menery and master of ceremonies Richard Hagon. Thursday-Saturday, 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. and 3 - 4 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Pro Tour–Amsterdam Qualifier: Saturday, 11 a.m.
- Mega FNM: Friday, 7 p.m.
- Grand Prix Trial: Friday, 9 p.m.
- Multiplayer events all weekend: Planechase (Limited), Archenemy (Limited and Constructed), Two-Headed Giant (Limited) and EDH!
From the Vault: Relics Convention Promotion
Wizards of the Coast will once again be selling the popular From the Vault series at Gen Con 2010. A limited quantity of the new set Magic: The Gathering From the Vault: Relics card boxes will be sold at Gen Con Indy 2010.
- Only 400 units are for sale for the duration of the show, 100 boxes will be sold each day.
- Attendees wishing to purchase From the Vault: Relics are required obtain a ticket. The ticket card allows you to purchase From the Vault: Relics.
- 100 tickets will be handed out each day from 10 - 11 a.m.
- Limit one (1) ticket per person.
- Tickets can be obtained from any one of 4 Wizards of the Coast representatives wearing a red FTV t-shirt. Representatives can be found in and around the TCG Hall/Hall G and the Exhibition Hall.
- Tickets can be redeemed for From the Vault: Relics at the Wizards of the Coast Booth 1721 beginning at 1 p.m. and ending at the close of the exhibit hall each day. You must turn in your ticket in order to purchase your copy of From the Vault: Relics. No Ticket, No Purchase, No Exceptions
- Tickets must be redeemed the day they are issued. Tickets will not be allowed to roll over to the following day.
- The limit for From the Vault: Relics is one per person for the duration of the show. Attendee badges will be marked to verify purchase. Badges should be presented out of the badge holder to help in this process.
- From the Vault: Relics will retail for MSRP ($34.99) plus applicable IN state sales tax.
- All retail exclusives are available in limited quantities, while supplies last.
- All sales are debit or credit card only; and all sales are final.
Noted Magic card artists Steve Prescott and Kekai Kotaki will be in the TCG Hall Artists Booth signing cards. Steve's work has been featured on Magic cards since Time Spiral block and some of his most recognizable pieces include Rhys the Exiled, Rhys the Redeemed, Knollspine Dragon, Berserk from From the Vault: Exiled, and the new M11 card Fauna Shaman. Kekai's art was featured prominently in the Zendikar block, including Lorthos, the Tidemaker, Shepherd of the Lost, Lord of Shatterskull Pass.
In addition to those artists featured in the TCG Hall, the following artists who have done Magic card art will be at Gen Con Art Show:
- Steve Argyle
- Drew Baker
- Tom Baxa
- Steven Belledin
- Jason Engle
- Jeff Laubenstein
- April Lee
- William O'Connor
- Jim Pavelec
- Mark Poole
- Chris Rahn
- Omar Rayyan
- Dan Scott
- John Stanko
- Mark Tedin
- Charles Urbach
- Susan Van Camp
- Franz Vohwinkel
If you’ve ever thought of going to Gen Con, this is the year to do it. No matter how you like to experience Magic, there will be something for you.
For complete information about Gen Con, visit www.gencon.com.