Many people figured out last week's Magic puzzle the way we had anticipated, using Infest to eventually clear the board. But Arjan Schuurmans found out a way to deal a whopping 20 damage to Carrot Top, using the Cruel Revival instead of the Infest.
- During Carrot Top's end of turn step, tap all your lands for mana. Use Smokespew Invoker's ability to give Carrot Top's Wretched Anurid -3/-3. It's destroyed.
- Still during Carrot Top's end of turn step, tap any five of your Zombies to activate Gravespawn Sovereign, putting Carrot Top's Wretched Anurid into play under you control.
- Untap at the start of your turn.
- During your upkeep, sacrifice Festering Goblin to the Nantuko Husk, which is now 4/4. Give Prowling Pangolin –1/-1, making it 5/4.
- Still during your upkeep, tap Aphetto Vulture, Smokespew Invoker, Gravespawn Sovereign, Noxious Ghoul, and Wretched Anurid to activate the Sovereign's ability. Target Festering Goblin.
- With this ability on the stack, sac Wretched Anurid to the Husk, which is now 6/6. (Very tricky!)
- Festering Goblin comes into play. Noxious Ghoul gives all of Carrot Top's creatures –1/-1.
- Still during your upkeep, sac the Goblin to the Husk (8/8). Give the Pangolin -1/-1; it is now 3/2.
- Still during your upkeep, sac the Vulture to the Husk (10/10). Put Festering Goblin on top of your library.
- Draw your card (Festering Goblin).
- During you first main phase, tap a Swamp and play the Goblin. Noxious Ghoul give all of Carrot Top's creatures another –1/-1.
- Sac the Goblin to the Husk (12/12). Give the Treespring Lorian -1/-1; it is now 2/1.
- Tap five more Swamps, play Cruel Revival targeting Canopy Crawler and Festering Goblin. The Crawler dies, and you get your Goblin back in your hand.
- Tap a Swamp and play the Goblin. Noxious Ghoul give all of Carrot Top's creatures another –1/-1, killing all of them except the Spitting Gourna, which is 0/1.
- Sac Goblin to the Husk (14/14). Give the Spitting Gourna -1/-1; it dies.
- Sac your remaining three Zombies (Invoker, Ghoul, and Sovereign) to the Husk, which is now 20/20.
- Attack for 20 damage.
Congratulations to Arjan and anyone else who found this even better answer!