Magic art takes many forms, but one of the coolest has to be the "ensemble piece" – an illustration that shows several recognizable elements from other cards all put together.
The original Treasure Trove from Exodus in one such piece. In it, the two characters Hanna and Karn are standing over a table full of artifacts. But those aren't just random objects – they are the Legacy, crucial to the saga of Gerrard and the Weatherlight, and most of them are actual Magic artifacts from other cards.
Down the left of the diagram, you can see:
- Hanna, Ship's Navigator – finally printed in Invasion
- the Skyshaper from Exodus
- the Thran Tome from the Weatherlight expansion
Down the right:
- Karn, Silver Golem – printed in Urza's Saga
- Touchstone from Weatherlight
- the Null Rod, also from Weatherlight (which would theoretically prevent the other artifacts from working, Karn included.)