The Arena Open
Last Updated June 30, 2020
- Start: August 1, 2020 at 8 a.m. PT
- Signups End: August 2, 2020 at 4 a.m. PT—you'll still have a few hours to complete your current run, but you won't be able to join after this deadline.
- Day 1 End: August 2, 2020 at 7 a.m. PT
- Format: Best-of-One Historic Constructed with Match Clock
- Start: August 2, 2020 at 8 a.m. PT
- Signups End: August 2, 2020 at 10 a.m. PT—you'll have until the event ends to complete your matches, but you must join during this two-hour window.
- Event End: August 2, 6 p.m. PT
- Format: Best-of-Three Historic Constructed
The Arena Open Official Terms and Conditions
Last Updated July 30, 2020
We reserve the right to change, revise and modify the Official Rules and the Arena Open. Your continued participation in the Arena Open after such change, revision or modification constitutes your acceptance of the same. Please read the Official Rules carefully.
THE GENERAL TERMS CONTAIN A MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISION WHICH LIMITS YOUR AND WIZARDS’ ABILITY TO LITIGATE CLAIMS AS WELL AS A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY WHICH LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF WIZARDS AND ITS FAMILY OF COMPANIES.
1. Participation Eligibility. To participate in the Arena Open you must be 18 years of age or older and have an active and valid Wizards account. You may only participate so long as your participation does not violate applicable local laws. You are responsible for complying with local laws and requirements. The Arena Open is void where prohibited including the following regions and territories: Belarus, the Central African Republic, the Crimea region, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cuba, Eritrea, Guinea-Bissau, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Myanmar (Burma), North Korea, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan and Syria.
2. Eligibility for Monetary Rewards. In addition to your Wizards account, receipt of monetary rewards requires that you have an active DCI Account and i-Payout Account. If you receive a monetary reward, we will contact you via the email listed in your Wizards account to obtain your DCI Account and i-Payout Account information. Please check your email regularly after the Arena Open to ensure that you respond to our inquiry in a timely manner. If you do not respond within 90 days of our award notification, Wizards reserves the right to rescind the monetary reward. If you win a monetary reward and do not receive a reward email within 72 hours of completion of the Arena Open, please contact customer service. If you do not have a DCI Account and/or i-Payout Account, Wizards will assist you in creating such accounts.
3. Reward Fulfilments. All prizes are non-transferrable and personal to you. Prizes are void where prohibited or restricted. Local, state, federal or provincial taxes, including but not limited to, VAT or income tax associated with the receipt or use of any prizes, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. You will be required to provide certain payment information including tax information. We reserve the right to withhold payment of monetary prizes if you fail to provide the necessary information or create the requirement accounts.
Monetary rewards are subject to income and tax withholding and will be reported on forms (a) 1099-MISC for US residents and 1042-S for non-US residents, and (b) any other relevant tax forms as may be required by applicable law.
4. Termination; Disqualifications. Wizards reserves the right to modify, revise, cancel or terminate the Arena Open or any portion thereof at its sole discretion and without liability to you. Further, Wizards, at its sole discretion, may disqualify you for violations of the Code of Conduct including, without limitation, any attempt to hack or otherwise modify the MTG Arena client, unsportsmanlike behavior, collusion, cheating, or toxic behavior.
5. Tournament Structure. As part of your entry, you will unlock the 5 pre-determined Historic card styles cards from the new Magic: The Gathering product Jumpstart. While you may participate in Day 1 of the Arena Open multiple times, the Jumpstart card styles may only be unlocked once per account.
Day 1 (Saturday, August 1, 2020)
- Entry is 20,000 gold or 4,000 gems per entry.
- You may participate in Day 1 competitions any number of times, but once you qualify for Day 2, you may no longer participate in Day 1 competition.
- Day 1 of the Arena Open is a best of 1 current Historic Format Event.
- Each entry is valid until 7 wins or 3 losses, whichever comes first.
- 0-2 wins: No rewards
- 3 wins: 400 Gems
- 4 wins: 800 Gems
- 5 wins: 1200 Gems
- 6 wins: 1600 Gems
- 7 wins: 2000 Gems + Invitation Token for Day 2
Day 2 (Sunday, August, 2020):
- Day 2 is an invitation only event and requires the Invitation Token awarded on Day 1 for achieving 7 wins for an individual entry.
- Day 2 of the Arena Open is a best of 3 current Historic Format Event.
- Each player plays until they achieve 7 match wins or 2 match losses, whichever comes first. Rewards are based on finale records from the event.
- 0 wins: No rewards
- 1 win: 2,000 Gems
- 2 wins: 4,000 Gems
- 3 wins: 6,000 Gems
- 4 wins: 10,000 Gems
- 5 wins: 20,000 Gems. Zendikar Rising Qualifier Weekend Qualification
- 6 wins: $1,000 USD, Zendikar RisingQualifier Weekend Qualification
- 7 wins: $2,000 USD, Zendikar RisingQualifier Weekend Qualification