What better way to celebrate the War of the Spark Prerelease than with the second Mythic Championship? Trick question—there isn't. We can't wait for the Mythic Championship II in London, and we hope you're just as excited! Read on for all the details.
When and how can I watch?
Mythic Championship II will be broadcast live on twitch.tv/magic April 26–28 beginning at each morning 9 a.m. local time (1 a.m. PT/4 a.m. ET/8 a.m. UTC). We'll be bringing round-by-round coverage straight to your screen, so tune in all weekend to catch the action!
Who will I see on stream?
- Rich Hagon
- Maria Bartholdi
- Marshall Sutcliffe
- Riley Knight
- Paul Cheon
- Simon Görtzen
- Frank Karsten
- Tim Willoughby
What is the format?
War of the Spark Booster Draft and Modern Constructed
- Days One and Two
- Day One will consist of three rounds of Booster Draft followed by five rounds of Modern
- Day Two will consist of three rounds of Booster Draft followed by five rounds of Modern
- Sixteen Swiss Rounds total, 50 minutes per round
- Players with 12 or more match points after Round 8 will advance to Day Two
- The Top 8 players after Round 16 will advance to Sunday's single-elimination playoff
- The Top 8 will use a traditional single-elimination bracket
- Playoff rounds will be Modern Constructed
- All playoff matches are best three out of five
- The first two games are pre-sideboard. After Game 2, players may exchange cards from their deck for cards in their sideboard
- Standings after the Swiss rounds will determine the final order in the standings for losing players in the quarterfinals and semifinals
Schedule (all times UTC)
Friday, April 26
- 8:00 a.m. UTC
- Day One ends at the conclusion of Round 8
Saturday, April 27
- 8:00 a.m. UTC
- Day Two ends at the conclusion of the Top 8 announcement
Sunday, April 28
- 8:00 a.m. UTC
- Top 8 ends when a Champion is crowned
During last month's Mythic invitational, streamers were able to co-stream the official feed on their own Twitch channels. This was a great success, so we want to again open that option up for this weekend’s Mythic Championship II in London. The intent behind this open policy is to encourage more regionalized viewing options and give creators the ability to convey information to their community in their unique voice.
Following Twitch's Content Sharing Guidelines, you can co-stream the from twitch.tv/magic using OBS or XSplit. This allows anyone on Twitch to be able to cover the event in their voice and with their community. As a reminder, co-streamed content is not endorsed by Wizards and we expect anyone who participates in co-streaming to follow Wizards' Fan Content Policy.
While we hope twitch.tv/magic is your go-to place to tune in to the Mythic Championship, more viewing options on Twitch is always better.
Where is the event?
One Western Gateway, Royal Victoria Dock
London E16 1XL
How does the money break down?
The prize pool for Mythic Championship II is $500,000 in total.
All prizes displayed in US dollars. Prizes subject to change.
*Assumes 500 players
Wait, aren't Mythic Points a thing now?
Yep! And players get some in this event! Here is how they breakdown:
|36+ Match Points||24|
|33–35 Match Points||17|
|30–32 Match Points||11|
|27–29 Match Points||5|