Welcome to 2014! Today's Arcana is a reminder that we are always looking to hire people. I do not know of a single day where we did not have open positions listed on our website.
As of this writing there were fifteen listings on the Wizards careers page, ranging from a content manager (working for me!) to a Japanese support member to art director roles for both Magic and Damp;D.
To see the full list of positions we're hiring for, visit our Careers page on the company website.
Here's a listing of positions available to work on Magic (note, positions may be filled by the time you're reading this).
- Associate Brand Manager - The brand team is looking to hire a new associate brand manager to join the team. You'd be part of the decision-making process and help drive the vision for Magic.
- Sr. Business Manager, Magic Online - Help drive the business for Magic Online—working with Worth Wollpert and his team on the popular platform.
- Digital Art Director, Magic Online - You would be responsible for guiding the aesthetic quality of Magic Online.
- Sr. Marketing Art Director - You would be developing, executing, and maintaining the marketing campaign visuals and style guides for Magic!
- Art Director - You would be working with Jarvis and the Creative team to world-build and commission illustrations for Magic.
- Software Developer - Work on the Magic Online game and help us continue to improve it!
- Sr. Product Manager - You would determine the strategic direction, business requirements, and critical feature sets of Magic digital products.
- Localization Manager - While not directly working on Magic, the localization team is a vital part of our system that enables Magic to be printed in eleven languages!
- Content Manager - This position is working for me, helping drive Magic's content forward. You'd take on responsibilities over DailyMTG and other projects.
- Content Manager, Trade Marketing - Like the role above, this one focuses on the content we use to communicate with our trade partners, such as stores in the WPN network.
- Japanese Support CSR, Remote Job - Work remotely as a member of our game support team.
- Technical Producer, MTGO Live - Work on Magic Online development setting clear production and technology direction, leading cross-functional teams to deliver an excellent customer experience on the Magic Online Game Service.
Patrick "Trick" Jarrett is the community manager for Magic, as well as the editor-in-chief of DailyMTG.com. He's an ardent Commander player and lover of the game he's played since Ice Age.