The Daily Magic Update is a roundup of everything Magic you should know on July 7, 2016. Today's Update is brought to you by the final day before the full Card Image Gallery goes up. Enjoy the tension for one more day.
Throughout preview season, I'll use this space to highlight the day's previews that can't be found on DailyMTG. Worried you might miss something? We'll make sure to have it here.
- A Maddening Preview | Gathering Magic | Alex Ullman
A Pauper preview for your pleasure, perhaps?
- Collective Effort (Simplified Chinese)
Gideon does not look thrilled to be working with Zombies. But, hey, a Gatewatch member has to do what a Gatewatch member has to do. Check out this Reddit thread for a translation.
- Splendid Reclamation | Mtg-jp.com
The article is in Japanese, but the text for Splendid Reclamation (the card's English name) is pretty simple: Return all lands from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
- Magic: The Gathering—Auxilio de Sigarda—Nueva carta exclusive | Hobby Consoloas (Also not English)
The card, Sigarda's Aid, lets you cast Auras and Equipment as though they had flash—and also lets you attach Equipment to creatures when they enter the battlefield, for free. All for a single mana. Enjoy.
- Anteprima di Luna Spettrale in esclusiva europea: Vagabondo dei Mausolei | OrgoglioNerd | Gabriele Bianchi (Um, yeah, not English)
The non-English previews continue with a strong one-drop Spirit. In Italian. As usual, you can find a pretty good translation on Reddit, with the correct name and everything.
- The swan songs to watch for
After Those, Read, Watch, or Listen to These
- Wow | StarCityGames.com | Jim Davis
Jim Davis thinks there a number of underrated cards in Eldritch Moon that are forcibly causing him to exclaim "Wow" every 15 seconds or so. He should probably get that checked out. But, in the meantime, he's sharing those thoughts with you and the rest of the internet.
- Nahiri-Breach, A Last-Minute Choice for the WMCQ! | MTGMintCard | Lee Shi Tian
This weekend, countries around the world will host their World Magic Cup Qualifying tournaments, and the format is Modern. If you're participating or just love Modern, Lee Shi Tian—he of the Top 25 and Platinum level—shares a deck he thinks is a great choice for a WMCQ this weekend.
- On Magic: The Gathering and E. E. Cummings | Tolarian Community College | The Professor
The Prof goes around the long way to talk about his love of Magic, how it gives us control over our lives, and how he gets to play in the LoadingReadyRun pre-Prerelease this weekend on twitch.tv/loadingreadyrun.
What People Are Talking About
These themed Commander Vs. videos are always fun, and we have a number of new Legendary Creatures in Eldritch Moon that the Commander Vs. crew can take out for a spin. Vote, and watch for the results soon, I'm sure.
Decks of the Day
- Traversing Under the Light of the Eldritch Moon | TCGPlayer | Adam Yurchick
Today's ingredients are a number of delicious delirium-flavored Eldritch Moon cards, plus a deck that aims to attack with Hanweir, the Rising Township. Season to taste, and be sure to try the brews.