The Daily Magic Update is a roundup of everything Magic you should know on September 28, 2016. Today's Update is brought to you by decklists. Decklists everywhere!
- Decklists! Decklists everywhere!
In addition to the Deck of the Day below, people are starting to show their homework with tons of decklists being posted for week one of the new Standard.
- My Favorite Kaladesh Builds | StarCityGames.com | Chris VanMeter
- The Decks to Expect for Week One Standard | TCGPlayer | Seth Manfield
- Born to be Brewed | TCGPlayer | Conley Woods
- The Linear Decks I'd Consider for #SCGINDY | StarCityGames.com | Todd Stevens
And probably more that I've missed. Be on the lookout—every deck is viable this week, and probably into next as well. So there will be more decklists. Oh yes, there will be.
After Those, Read, Watch, or Listen to These
- Kaladesh Set Review | Constructed Resources | Marshall Sutcliffe and Eric Froehlich
I'll admit, I wasn't entirely sure Constructed Resources was still doing its thing. Their last show was a month ago. But nothing brings back the band like a new set and a new Standard. So strap in for—4 hours?! Guess they're making up for lost time.
But if that's not enough podcast set reviews for you, Constructed Criticism also recently posted their set review, but it's only like 72 minutes long. It's like they're not even trying.
- My Top 100 Cards of All Time! #70–61 | The Magic Show | Evan Erwin
Evan Erwin has been counting down the Top 100 cards ever printed, and has made it all the way down to 61—which is all information you could have gotten from the title. Some days, I'm only so useful.
- E065—Kaladesh | Commanderin' | Phil DeLuca, Nate Burgess, and Sean Whatson
The Gang Goes Kaladeshi.
What Kaladesh cards trip the triggers of the Commanderin' crew for, well, Commander? Meanwhile, Sweet Dee and Mac enter the Inventors' Fair.
And if you want more Commander-focused Kaladesh reviews, MTGGoldfish's Tomer Abramovici has a review of white, blue, and black today as well.
- Conspiracy: Take the Crown Set Review | The Command Zone | Josh Lee Kwai and Jimmy Wong
Technically, Kaladesh isn't out yet, which means Josh and Jimmy got this set review out for Conspiracy: Take the Crown juuust under the wire. Inside, they discuss which cards are future Commander staples and which cards taste best in a nice stew. At least one of those things is true.
- Conspiracy: Take the Crown Art Review Part 2 | Gathering Magic | Mike Linnemann
And also just crossing the finish line in time, a final art review of Conspiracy: Take the Crown from Linnemann. What's good, what's awesome, what could have been improved—all art, all the time.
- No Changes
Prereleases still don't award Pro Points, so there are still no changes to the Top 25 rankings.
|12||Paulo Vitor Damo Da Rosa||62.22||12|
Dropped from rankings: None
What People Are Talking About
There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. If you want your question to be featured on Blogatog, the fastest way to do so is to make a pun that shows you've been paying attention to the many design lessons Rosewater has imparted over the years.
Deck of the Day
- Mono-Blue Energy | ChannelFireball | Neal Oliver
Picking up where the old Mono-Blue Prison deck left off, Oliver has the spiritual successor to that off-the-wall deck with an energy-infused Dynavolt Tower deck that can make your energy count go to eleven—and way beyond.
The deck is, at its core, another Engulf the Shores deck, but this time without Jace's Sanctum or Prism Ring to really make casting all blue spells worthwhile. Check out Oliver's breakdown and see if he's found a Glimmer of Genius.