The Daily Magic Update is a roundup of everything Magic you should know on April 13, 2017. Today's Update is brought to you by The Amonkhet Preview Show, happening this afternoon/evening/night!
- The Amonkhet Preview Show | twitch.tv/magic
Looking for the definitive word on Amonkhet before you head to the Prerelease? Watch "The Amonkhet Preview Show" today! Mark Rosewater, David Humpherys, and Mark Winters will take you inside the world and cards of Amonkhet, answering questions from twitch.tv/magic channel subscribers.
Hosted by Marshall Sutcliffe, the stream is on twitch.tv/magic starting at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT/10 p.m. UTC.
Every day until the full set is revealed on April 14, I'll be sharing all the non-DailyMTG previews you can find around the web in this space. Here are today's:
- Exclusive Amonkhet Preview: Gideon's Intervention | MTG Mint Card | Chapman Sim
I've thoroughly enjoyed the "Look, Gideon, we need to talk" jokes accompanying this card. But I also don't mind Gideon intervening when Saheeli is threatening to throw a million Cats at me.
- Amonkhet Preview, Eternal Weekend Europe, and a Restricted Mentor | So Many Insane Plays | Kevin Cron and Steve Menendian
It's not super often we preview a card that could make a splash in Vintage, but this preview card might. It's certainly asking to be broken.
That is one angry Minotaur. And, yes, its drawback is merely discarding a card. For your troubles, you get a 4/3 for just two mana. Bloodrage Brawler (its English name) certainly brawls.
- Harvest Season | Weibo
While the preview image is on Weibo, a Chinese social media site, you can still access the preview card image—and, probably not be able to read it. But, hey, the internet to the rescue!
- Nouvelle carte Magic en exclu Amonketh : Début//Fin | Jeuxvideo.com
In English, the card is Start to Finish, but I kind of like the French Début//Fin. It sounds more tragic—and the story this card tells is certainly tragic. You can find a translation of this new uncommon here.
- Official Amonkhet Preview—Cascading Cataracts | Hipsters of the Coast | Aaron Gazzaniga
Well, this is certainly interesting. Start brewing up five-color monstrosities without any fear of losing your land mana fixer! Indestructible says these cataracts aren't cascading anywhere.
- Mtg: EXCLUSIVE Amonkhet Preview Card: Sandwurm Convergence! | Strictly Better MTG
Sandwurms! And they're converging!
- The (Glorious) End of Amonkhet: Exclusive Preview | MTGGoldfish | SaffronOlive
If anyone can crack making this card work, it's Seth (probably better known as SaffronOlive).
- Spoiler Exclusivo de Amonkhet—Magic: The Gathering #MTGAKH | Magic: The Gathering Brazil
- Magic: Puzzle Quest | Coming Soon
Yup, Magic: Puzzle Quest—the game, not the pro team—has its own preview card today that will also be featured in the Puzzle Quest release of Amonkhet. Watch for it today.
- @Blakepr | Coming Soon
Because what's the point of controlling the preview plan if I can't give myself a preview card?
Synergy of the Day
- A Sacrifice a Day Keeps the God in the Fray
At first blush, Bontu the Glorified has a difficult threshold to be able to attack or block—that is until you remember that Hidden Stockpile exists to churn through sacrificial lambs. Well, Servos actually, but you get the idea. With these two cards in play, Bontu can attack every turn, you can scry every turn, and your opponent gets drained for 1 life every turn.
Oh, and if you throw in a Zulaport Cutthroat or two? Your opponent won't be long for this world.