Grand Prix - Detroit
Magic: The Gathering® Pro TourTM-Barcelona Qualifier
March 30-April 1, 2001
The Grand Prix tournament series is an international circuit of large-scale Qualifier tournaments featuring cash prizes and multiple invitations to the Pro TourTM.
Marriott Renaissance Center
March 30-April 1, 2001
Side events begin Friday evening.
$15 Early Bird (before November 30, 2000)
$20 (Advance registration)
For advance registration, contact The Game Store at (734) 427-2451. Advance registration will be available until 5:00 P.M. on Tuesday, March 28, 2001.
For complete Grand Prix-Detroit information, including times, hotel information, side events, etc, please visit http://www.professional-events.com/
The main tournament at Grand Prix-Detroit is open to Magic® players of all ages.
In the event that a player who wins an invitation to a Pro Tour stop at a Grand Prix has already qualified for an invitation, the invitation shall be extended to the next-best finisher in that Grand Prix. Previous qualification may be through a Qualifier tournament, through performance at a professional tournament, or by being an invited DCITM player (valid upon the date of the official rank announcement for the appropriate professional tournament).
- Tournament Format
The format for Grand Prix-Detroit will be InvasionTM Block Limited-format (Invasion/Planeshift) with day 2 Booster draft. All DCI Limited-format rules and Magic Floor Rules announced on September 1, 2000, along with all subsequent updates, will be enforced.
- Tournament Structure
The structure for Grand Prix-Detroit will be modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds, number of rounds determined by number of participants), with the Top 64 players advancing to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations.
- Tournament Byes (Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year)
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Players with 24 or more professional points in the Los Angeles 2001 professional standing.
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 2025 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI ratings published approximately six weeks prior to the Grand Prix.
- Players with 12 or more professional points in the Los Angeles 2001 professional standing.
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 1900 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI ratings published approximately six weeks prior to the Grand Prix.
- Players with 6 or more professional points in the Los Angeles 2001 professional standing.
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 1800 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI ratings published approximately six weeks prior to the Grand Prix.
PAYOUTGrand Prix-Detroit will feature the standard "main tournament" prize schedule as well as a special "1700 division" prize schedule. DCI members who have a lifetime highest Limited rating of no greater than 1700 will be eligible for the 1700 division. The 1700 division prizes will be paid to the highest-finishing players regardless of their standing in the Grand Prix.
|3rd - 4th||$700|
|5th - 8th||$400|
|9th - 16th||$250|
Main Tournament Prize Schedule
|5th - 8th||$800|
|9th - 16th||$500|
|17th - 32nd||$250|
WIZARDS OF THE COAST, Magic: The Gathering, Magic, Invasion, Planeshift, DCI, and MAGIC: THE GATHERING PRO TOUR are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. ©2000-2001 Wizards.