Grand Prix Moscow
Pro Tour New Orleans Qualifier
21-22 April, 2001
The Grand Prix tournament series is an international circuit of large-scale Qualifier tournaments featuring cash prizes and multiple invitations to Pro Tour events.
Tournament Format & ScheduleThe format for Grand Prix - Moscow will be Standard.
- Friday, April 20 : Grand Prix registration, 4:00 - 9:00 P.M. at the lobby of Novi Manesj
- Saturday, April 21 : Grand Prix registration, 8:00 - 9:00 A.M.
- Saturday, April 21 : Grand Prix tournament begins at 10:00 A.M. Top 64 players advance to Sunday.
- Sunday, April 22 : Top 64 begin at 9:00 A.M.
Georgievskiy Pereulok, 3/3, str.3
(Behind the House of Unions)
Pre-registration : 285 RUB or 10 USD (Visa/Eurocard/Mastercard*)
* We need credit card info: number, expiry date, cardholder. Email is not a secure medium so you may prefer to call us at +3232004021. Or you may want to send this information in 2 seperate emails. For example, send the first 8 digits and the expiry date in 1 email, the second 8 digits and the card-holder's name in a 2nd email. We would need this information before we close pre-registrations, which as always is Friday 8 days before the event itself.
Don't forget to mention your full name and DCI-number. Pre-registration deadline is Friday April 7, except if you pay by credit card or on site. The deadline for that is Friday April 14.
Payment on site : 425 RUB or 15 USD
Tournament Preregistration & Player Contact
To register, call Wizards of the Coast Customer Service from January 8 for Legend Members, and January 12 for Mana Members, between 10 am and 12 pm local time. Competitors may register via e-mail.
Russia & former Sovjet Republic States : +7-095-755.78.76
e-mail : email@example.com
France : 01 43 96 35 65
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
UK : 0345 125599
e-mail : UK@wizards.com
Ireland : +44 1628 780 530
Italy : 02 38 09 33 56
e-mail : email@example.com
All other European countries : +32 70 233 277
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
USA and all other countries worldwide : +206 624 0933
The main tournament at Grand Prix - Cologne is open to Magic® players of all ages. In the event that a player who wins an invitation to a Pro Tour stop at a Grand Prix has already qualified for an invitation, the invitation shall be extended to the next-best finisher in that Grand Prix. Previous qualification may be through a Qualifier tournament, through performance at a professional tournament, or by being an invited DCI player (valid upon the date of the official rank announcement for the appropriate professional tournament).
- Tournament Format
The format for Grand Prix - Cologne will be Standard. All DCI Standard-format rules and Magic Floor Rules announced on September 1, 2000, along with all subsequent updates, will be enforced.
Day 1 : Constructed - Invasion Block
Day 2 : Constructed - Invasion Block
- Tournament Structure
The structure for Grand Prix - Moscow will be modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds, number of rounds determined by number of participants), with the Top 64 players advancing to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations.
- Tournament Byes (Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year.)
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Players with 24 or more professional points in the Worlds 2000 professional standing.
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 1875 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI ratings published approximately six weeks prior to the Grand Prix.
- Players with 12 or more professional points in the Worlds 2000 professional standing.
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 1775 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI ratings published approximately six weeks prior to the Grand Prix.
- Players with 6 or more professional points in the Worlds 2000 professional standing.
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 1700 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI ratings published approximately six weeks prior to the Grand Prix.
Important : Because of strict laws in Russia, 35 % of the prize money will be deducted as taxes.
|Main tournament Prize Schedule|
|1700 Division Prize Schedule|
|Pro Tour Points to be won|
- Eight-person, on-demand tournaments
- Artist signings
- Tom Wanerstrand
We have made a special agreement with a hotel that is located on Tverskaya, a central street in Moscow, and about five minutes by foot from the site.
Prices are 15 USD for a single room and 20 USD for a double room per night.
Reservation deadline is Friday April 6
Bookings should be made by sending an e-mail to following address : Mass_Event@sargona.ru
In this mail, following coordinates need to be mentioned :
- Last & First Name
- DCI number
- Full Address
- Tel. nr
- Date of Birth
- Credit card number : Visa/Mastercard/Eurocard
The hotel will send you a confirmation. With this form, you need to go to the Russian embassy in your country for your visa.
If you book a double room, give the information of both guests.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BOOK YOUR HOTEL IN ADVANCE OR ELSE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET A VISA ON TIME !
PLEASE MENTION 'GRAND PRIX MOSCOW' AS YOU MAKE RESERVATIONS