Grand Prix Valencia
Pro Tour Barcelona Qualifier
10-11 February, 2001
The Grand Prix tournament series is an international circuit of large-scale Qualifier tournaments
featuring cash prizes and multiple invitations to Pro Tour events.
Tournament Format & Schedule
- The format for Grand Prix - Valencia will be DCI Limited.
- Friday, February 9: Grand Prix registration, 4:00 - 9:00 P.M. at the lobby of Feria Valencia
- Saturday, February 10: Grand Prix registration, 8:00 - 9:00 A.M.
- Saturday, February 10: Grand Prix tournament begins at 10:00 A.M. Top 64 players advance to Sunday.
- Sunday, February 11: Top 64 begin at 8:00 A.M.
Avenida de las Ferias
Pre-registration : 3000 ESP (Visa/Eurocard/Mastercard)
* We need credit card info: number, expiry date, cardholder. Email is not a secure medium so you may prefer to call us at +3232004021. Or you may want to send this information in 2 seperate emails. For example, send the first 8 digits and the expiry date in 1 email, the second 8 digits and the card-holder's name in a 2nd email. We would need this information before we close pre-registrations which as always is Friday 8 days before the event itself.
Payment on site : 4000 ESP
Tournament Preregistration & Player Contact
To register, call Wizards of the Coast Customer Service from January 2 for Legend Members, and January 5 for Mana Members, between 10 am and 12 pm local time.
Competitors may register via e-mail.
Spain : 093 415 07 09
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
France : 01 43 96 35 65
e-mail : email@example.com
UK : 0345 125599
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Ireland : +44 1628 780 530
Italy : 02 38 09 33 56
e-mail : email@example.com
All other European countries : +32 70 233 277
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
USA and all other countries worldwide : +206 624 0933
The main tournament at Grand Prix - Valencia is open to Magic® players of all ages. In the event that a player who wins an invitation to a Pro Tour stop at a Grand Prix has already qualified for an invitation, the invitation shall be extended to the next-best finisher in that Grand Prix. Previous qualification may be through a Qualifier tournament, through performance at a professional tournament, or by being an invited DCI player (valid upon the date of the official rank announcement for the appropriate professional tournament).
- Tournament Format
The format for Grand Prix - Valencia will be Limited. All DCI Limited-format rules and Magic Floor Rules announced on September 1, 2000, along with all subsequent updates, will be enforced.
Day 1 : Sealed Deck - Invasion Block (Invasion - Planeshift)
Day 2 : Booster Draft - Invasion Block (Invasion - Planeshift)
- Tournament Structure
The structure for Grand Prix - Valencia will be modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds, number of rounds determined by number of participants), with the Top 64 players advancing to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations.
- Tournament Byes (Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year.)
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Third-Round Byes
Players with 24 or more professional points in the New York 2000 professional standing. DCI players with a Limited rating of 1975 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI ratings published approximately six weeks prior to the Grand Prix.
- Second-Round Byes
Players with 12 or more professional points in the New York 2000 professional standing. DCI players with Limited rating of 1875 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI ratings published approximately six weeks prior to the Grand Prix.
- First-Round Byes
Players with 6 or more professional points in the New York 2000 professional standing. DCI players with a Limited rating of 1775 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI ratings published approximately six weeks prior to the Grand Prix.
- Third-Round Byes
Grand Prix-Valencia will feature the standard "main tournament" prize schedule as well as a special "1700 division" prize schedule.
Main Tournament Prize Schedule
- Eight-person, on-demand tournaments
- Artist signings
- To be confirmed