Interesting details and facts from the event, compiled by Sideboard staff.
- This is the first major event ever held in Chile.
- The Latin America Championship 2000 is the first Continental Championship held in Latin America. This will now become an annual event.
- It is winter here in Santiago and the temperature drops to around 30 degrees in the evening.
- This is the first big-money event that Juan Del Compare (level 3 certified judge from Argentina) has head-judged.
- The Latin America Championship is being held in Centro Cultural Estacion Mapocho which is a 100 year old train station beautifully restored as a magnificient event hall.
- The next large event in Latin America will be Grand Prix Buenos Aires in November, also head-judged by Juan Del Compare.