The 2005 Scottish National Championship will be held on Saturday 27th & Sunday 28th August 2005, with additional ancillary events, including Last Chance Qualifier on Friday 26th August 2005.
The 2005 Scottish National Championship venue is:
PH2 8HB. Directions can be found in the FAQ which can be found here
Friday 26th August (4pm - 8pm)
Saturday 27th August (8.45am - 9.25am)
All Universal Tournament Rules and Magic: the Gathering Floor Rules are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document
- Standard and Booster Draft.
The Standard portion of the event will include 9th Edition
1 Champions of Kamigawa™, 1 Betrayers of Kamigawa™, and 1 Saviors of Kamigawa™ booster packs will be used for drafting ·
- Deck lists are required ·
- Check www.thedci.com for Standard and Booster Draft format rules
- Day 1 will consist of 3 rounds of Standard, followed by 3 rounds of Booster Draft, followed by the second Booster Draft and 1 round of Swiss play
- Day 2 will consist of 2 rounds of Booster Draft followed by 3 rounds of Standard
- 12 Swiss Rounds total, 60 minutes per round
- Top 8 will be Standard
- Top 8 single-elimination finals have no time limit
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds
- After round 12 the top 8 players advance to Sunday’s top 8 single-elimination finals
- Standard format
- Top 8 matches will be best 3 of 5
- Losers of the semi-final matches will playoff to determine 3rd place
- The Top 4 players receive invitations to the 2005 World Championships.
- The Top 3 players will form the National team and the 4th will be the alternate.
- 40K, REL 4
- Players are required to use the same Standard deck for day 1, day 2, and Top 8.
- All Universal Tournament Rules and Magic: the Gathering Floor Rules are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document
- Players are responsible for knowing all DCI rules and high-level tournament rules · Players must bring pen, paper, card sleeves and appropriate counters
Side Event Schedule
For the full Side Event Schedule and to see if you may qualify for a free side event voucher check out the latest copy of the FAQ. This can be found here