- The 2006 English Nationals is underway! Click here for all the information live from the tournament floor!
2006 English Nationals Invite List
The 2006 English National Championship will be held on Saturday July 29th & Sunday July 30th July, with additional side events, including Last Chance Qualifiers on Friday July 28th.
Concourse Suite (opposite Hall 9)
0121 780 4141
0870 400 9093
To receive the reduced rate offered for English Nationals, please make your reservations no later than July 2, 2006. Mention “Wizards of the Coast” to receive the room block rate.
The following forms are required to compete in the English National Championship:
- A signed waiver and consent form. Forms can be downloaded at wizards.com/protour and will be available onsite. Minors must have a parent or legal guardian’s signature on these forms.
- An acceptable form of identification (one of the following): a driver’s license, or a copy of your birth certificate and a photo ID (school ID is acceptable), or a passport. If you don’t have photo ID, please have your parent or legal guardian present at registration.
On Site Player Registration
ENGLISH NATIONALS players can register from 4:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M. on Friday, 28th July at the tournament site. Late registration will take place from 8:00 A.M – 8:45 A.M. on Saturday, 29th August.
If you anticipate any difficulty registering during the official registration hours, please contact Lee Singleton on 07884 232 593 or Email
Tournament Format and Schedule
- Standard and Booster Draft
- For the first draft, 1 Ravnica: City of GuildsTM, 1 GuildpactTM, and 1 DissensionTM booster packs will be used for drafting
- For the second draft, 3 ColdsnapTM booster packs will be used for drafting
- Deck lists are required
- Check www.thedci.com for Standard and Booster Draft format rules
- Day 1 will consist of 3 rounds of Standard followed by 4 rounds of Booster Draft
- Day 2 will consist of 2 rounds of Booster Draft followed by 3 rounds of Standard and then the Top 8 Playoff
- 12 Swiss Rounds total, 60 minutes per round
- Top 8 will be Standard
- Top 8 single-elimination finals have no time limit; however, players are expected to play at a reasonable pace and finish their matches within 90 minutes.
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds
- After round 12 the top 8 players advance to Sunday’s top 8 single-elimination finals
- Standard format
- Top 8 matches will be best 3 of 5
- Losers of the semi-final matches will playoff to determine 3rd place.
- The Top 4 players receive invitations to the 2006 World Championships.
- The Top 3 players will form the National team and the 4th will be the alternate.
- 40K, REL 4
- Players are required to use the same Standard deck for day 1, day 2, and Top 8.
- All Universal Tournament Rules and Magic: the Gathering Floor Rules are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document
- Players are responsible for knowing all DCI rules and high-level tournament rules
- Players must bring pen, paper, card sleeves and appropriate counters
8:45 AM Seating for player meeting posted
9:00 AM Mandatory Player meeting begins.
9:15 AM 3 rounds of Standard, followed by 4 rounds of Booster Draft
8:45 AM Seating for player meeting posted
9:00 AM Mandatory Player meeting begins
9:15 AM begins. 2 rounds of Booster Draft will be played, followed by 3 rounds of Standard, and the Top 8 Playoff
The English Nationals Championship invitation list comprises the following:
- The current English National Champion.
- Members of the current English national team (including alternate)
- English players with Pro Tour Players Club level 2 or higher.
- Winners of invitations through National Qualifiers
- England’s Top 75 DCI Composite–ranked players. Invites will be based on DCI Composite ratings on June 28, 2006.
Grinders and other Side Events
Even if you don’t qualify there are loads of great Side Events and promotions on offer. Whilst there isn’t a PTQ, we do have the next best thing - two Grand Prix Trials for GP Athens where the winning player will receive flights to the Grand Prix (thanks to CardGuy and House Atreides). There are also two chances to win a display of Time Spiral, Planar Chaos and Future Sight (courtesy of FanBoy 3).
Want to show you’re the “Best Kid on the Block” then enter the Super Series Challenge or just Bring-a-Friend along for some of the less competitive Booster Drafts and Constructed tournaments that are on offer.
For a full list of Last Chance Qualifiers and Side Events please click here
Player Contact Information
Tel.: 08457 125 599
Magic Rules Questions
Tel: 08457 125 599