Wizards of the Coast has decided to revamp our Organized Play offerings in 2008 in order to make Magic available to the most players possible. We are redesigning the States/Champs programs for both the Two-Headed Giant and Standard formats. As such we will not be running the 2HG States/Champs event normally run in March or the Standard event that takes place in the fall. The 2HG events previously scheduled for Great Britain and Ireland will still take place. We thank you for your continued support and look forward to having a new invigorated program for you later this year.
We are excited about the changes in our programs this year, and hope that you will check out www.magicthegathering.com for news about the new programs and outlets through 2008 and beyond.
2008 Two-Headed Giant Champs
Great Britain and Ireland
March 29 - 30, 2008
- Check the locations listing for your local Organizers Website or Contact info for specific details.
- Swiss Rounds: Two-Headed Giant Sealed Deck, Top 4 Teams: Two-Headed Giant Booster Draft. For further information about Two Headed Giant format, please go to the Two Headed Giant FAQ
- Sealed Deck product:
- 1 Lorwyn tournament pack, 1 Lorwyn booster, and 3 Morningtide boosters per team.
- Booster Draft product:
- 4 Lorwyn booster, and 2 Morningtide boosters per team.
- Deck lists are required
- If product is not stamped or preregistered, deck registration and deck swap will be performed for the Swiss Sealed Deck.
- Swiss rounds - 60 minutes per round
- Deck registration time limit is 20 minutes, deck build time limit is 60 minutes
- Number of Swiss rounds based on attendance according to the following chart:
Attendance Number of
9 - 16 4 17 - 32 5 33 - 64 6 65 - 128 7 129 - 226 8 227 - 409 9 410 or higher 10
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
- The top 4 teams after the final Swiss round will advance to the top 4 single-elimination finals.
- Top 4 matches will be single-game matches
- Top 4 matches will have no time limit
- The Top 4 teams will be seated randomly at the draft table immediately prior to drafting.
- The Top 4 bracket will be determined using this random seating.
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
- 24K, REL Regular
- Players are responsible for knowing all DCI rules
- Players must bring pen, paper, card sleeves and appropriate counters
- All Universal Tournament Rules and Magic: the Gathering Floor Rules are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this document.
- Special frame participation promotional card for all attendees *while supplies last*
- Special frame Top 4 foil promotional card for the Top 4 players.
- Additional product prizes, as determined by the organizer
For more specific local tournament or registration information, contact your local Organizer.
Players who have general questions about Magic: The Gathering®, Wizards of the Coast, Inc., tournaments, the Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour
Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, DCI Magic: The Gathering States are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. ©2007Wizards of the Coast, Inc.