Date: September 17-18, 2011
Event Location: Aperture25
Address: 2F.-1, Bo’ai Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City 100, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
The Magic: the Gathering Chinese Taipei National Championship is an invitation-only event, open to citizens or permanent residents of Chinese Taipei who have won an invitation to Nationals through DCI ratings or from qualifying events such as National Qualifiers.
Players must have a signed waiver and consent form to compete in Chinese Taipei Nationals. The form can be downloaded on the Wizards website and will be available onsite.
Minors (those under 18 years of age) must have a parent or guardian's signature on these forms. Minors will not be able to register or play unless we receive a waiver signed by a parent or guardian. No exceptions!
Bring these forms with you to registration. We will make forms available for competitors at registration, if necessary.
To register, all participants must present one of the following forms of identification:
- A driver's license, or
- A passport, or
- A copy of a birth certificate and photo ID (school IDs are acceptable)
Players not registered by 9:00 AM on September 17, 2011 may be denied entry to Chinese Taipei Nationals.
Registration times and locations
Date: Sep 17
Location: Aperture 25
- Standard and Booster Draft
- 3 Magic 2012 booster packs will be used for drafting
- Deck lists are required
- Check the Magic Tournament Rules for Standard and Booster Draft format rules. The Magic Tournament Rules can be found here
- Day 1 will consist of 3 rounds of Standard, 3 rounds of Booster Draft, followed by the second draft and 1 round of Swiss play.
- Day 2 will consist of 2 rounds of Booster Draft, 3 rounds of Standard, and the Top 8 finals.
- 12 Swiss Rounds total, 60 minutes per round
- Top 8 single-elimination finals have no time limit; however, players are expected to play at a reasonable pace and finish their matches within 90 minutes.
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds
- After round 12 the top 8 players advance to the top 8 single-elimination finals
- Standard format
- Losers of the semi-final matches will playoff to determine 3rd place.
- The Top 4 players receive invitations to the 2011 World Championships.
- The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place players will form the National Team. The 4th Place player will be the alternate.
- Planeswalker Points multiplier 8x, 40K, REL Competitive
- Players are required to use the same Standard deck for day 1, day 2, and Top 8.
- The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and the Magic: The Gathering Infraction Procedure Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document.
Saturday 17 September
- 8:00 A.M. – 8:45 A.M. Registration Open
- 9:00 A.M. Player Meeting
Sunday 18 September
- 9:00 A.M. Day 2 commences
|9-10||36 MTG 2012 Boosters|
|11-12||18 MTG 2012 Boosters|
|13-16||9 MTG 2012 Boosters|
Pro Points table: