Date: 18-19 June 2011
Event Location: Hotel Stratos Vassilikos
Address: Mihalakopoulou 114, Athens, 11524, Greece
The Magic: the Gathering Greece National Championship is an invitation-only event, open to citizens or permanent residents of Greece who have won an invitation to Nationals through DCI ratings or from qualifying events such as National Qualifiers.
Registration times and locations
Registration will start at 9.00 of Saturday 18th of June at hotel Vassilikos.
- Standard and Booster Draft
- 1 New Phyrexia, 1 Mirrodin Besieged, and 1 Scars of Mirrodin booster packs will be used for drafting
- Deck lists are required
- Check the Magic Tournament Rules for Standard and Booster Draft format rules. The Magic Tournament Rules can be found here
- Day 1 will consist of 3 rounds of Standard, 3 rounds of Booster Draft, followed by the second draft and 1 round of Swiss play.
- Day 2 will consist of 2 rounds of Booster Draft, 3 rounds of Standard, and the Top 8 finals.
- 12 Swiss Rounds total, 60 minutes per round
- Top 8 single-elimination finals have no time limit; however, players are expected to play at a reasonable pace and finish their matches within 90 minutes.
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds
- After round 12 the top 8 players advance to the top 8 single-elimination finals
- Standard format
- Losers of the semi-final matches will playoff to determine 3rd place.
- The Top 4 players receive invitations to the 2011 World Championships.
- The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place players will form the National Team. The 4th Place player will be the alternate.
- 40K, REL Competitive
- Players are required to use the same Standard deck for day 1, day 2, and Top 8.
- The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and the Magic: The Gathering Infraction Procedure Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document.
Registration starts - 9.00
Registration ends - 10.00
Tournament starts immediately after.
Start - 9.00
Pro Points table: