During the holiday rerun weeks, we are presenting some of the year's most popular Arcana articles. It was a challenge to narrow down to just ten, so we hope you enjoy this look back into 2013!
Quiz time has come once again and this time we're looking at artifacts in the game of Magic. Everyone knows artifacts, everyone loves artifacts, and everyone plays artifacts. But how much do you actually know about artifacts? It's time to find out.
1. What is the cheapest artifact printed in last year's Magic 2013?
Hint - It costs zero mana to cast and has a dead guy in it.
2. Draco has the highest converted mana cost of any non-silver-bordered artifacts at 16, but what is the most expensive non-silver-bordered noncreature artifact?
Hint - It costs ten mana and was originally printed in Arabian Nights.
3. What one mana artifact does the Return to Ravnica block share with the Kamigawa block?
Hint - It was in Saviors of Kamigawa and Return to Ravnica.
4. Which of these artifacts wasn't in 2010's From the Vault: Relics?
50/50 Hint - Click this to eliminate two wrong answers.
- Lotus Petal - RIGHT Lotus Petal did not appear in From the Vault: Relics, it was in From the Vault: Exiled.
- Ivory Tower - WRONG It was in the set and even had new art commissioned for it!
- Memory Jar - WRONG Sorry, it was in there, and it had the art from when it was originally printed in Urza's Legacy.
- Sword of Body and Mind - WRONG It was in the box set as the preview card for the then-upcoming fall set, Scars of Mirrodin.
5. Looking back at Alpha, since that was the first set of Magic ever printed, and if you sort the cards in the set alphabetically, what is the first artifact ever?
(Difficulty: Hard, Old-Timers Favored)
Hint - "A _ _ _---OF---_ _ _ _ _ _"