- Available worldwide in English on April 10. Coming to Magic Online Summer 2009.
- Two new 60-card theme decks based on the classic Magic rivalry between Angels and Demons.
- All cards are black-bordered and tournament legal. This means that these cards are legal for use in any tournaments where the original printings are still legal.
- Contains ten rare cards (including two foil alternate art mythic rares).
- Seven cards in Divine vs Demonic feature new artwork.
- Features popular cards selected from throughout Magic's 15-year history, including powerful favorites like Akroma, Angel of Wrath, Serra Angel, Reiver Demon, and Demonic Tutor.
- Duel Decks: Divine vs. Demonic also comes with a strategy insert, 3 tokens, a Magic "Learn to Play" guide, and two deck boxes for storage.
The skies blacken and crackle with dark magic. Bellows of grim laughter drown out the beating of black, leathery wings. The demons have come.
Then, a ray of golden light pierces the darkness. A flight of angels arrives, swords gleaming. The champions of law have arrived to cleanse the sky.
Now, planeswalker, you will wage this eternal battle between good and evil against one of your own kind. Which celestial force will prevail?
These ready-to-play 60-card decks showcase some of the best and most beloved Magic cards that the forces of light and dark have to offer. Duel Decks: Divine vs. Demonic has ten rare cards and showcases seven cards with new artwork, including foil alternate-art versions of Akroma, Angel of Wrath and Lord of the Pit.
To learn more about Divine vs. Demonic watch for Magic R&D developer Mike Turian's feature article coming Monday, April 6 on magicthegathering.com. This article will give you the inside scoop behind designing and developing the decks for this epic conflict and will be your first chance to see all the cards in each deck .