3rd & 4th MayFormat: Sealed Deck (Shadowmoor) with day 2 booster draft
Brussels Expo (Heizel) Hall 10
Place de Belgique 1
Get on the battlefield - Open to all !!Grand Prix are the most exciting events the DCI offers. They're high-energy and held around the world.
The main event is all about competition, but there are also plenty of other reasons to come. Grand Prix’s in Europe are true Magic events. Besides the main tournaments, there’s plenty of excitement throughout the weekend that you can enjoy… Side events, Magic artists on site to sign your Magic cards, gunslinging against the pro’s, and lots more…
Tournament Format And Schedule
- Tournament Format: Limited
- Participation Fee: € 30
Friday 2 May: from 4:00 to 8:00 P.M.
Saturday 3 May: from 8:00 to 9:00 A.M.
- Tournament begins: 09:00 A.M
- Sunday 4 May: The top 64 (or 128) players begin play at 8:00 A.M.
The main tournament at Grand Prix–Brussels is open to Magic players of all ages.
- Tournament Structure
- Modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds).
- Rules Enforcement Level (REL) is Competitive (day1) and Professional (day2)
- The Top 64 players (or 128 if 800 or more players registered for the main event) advance to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations.
- The top 16 Players will receive invitations to a Pro Tour Berlin
- Tournament Divisions and Prizes
All prizes are in U.S. Dollars.
Main Tournament Prize Schedule Finish Prize 1 $3,500 2 $2,300 3 $1,500 4 $1,500 5-8 $1000 9-12 $600 13-16 $500 17-32 $400 33-64 $200
Pro Point Distribution
1st place: 8
2nd place: 6
3-4th place: 5
5-8th place: 4
9-16th place: 3
17-32nd place: 2
33-64th place: 1
Tournament Byes (Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year)
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Players with a Players Club level of 4 or higher
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 2000 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Limited ratings published on April 30th.
- Players with a Players Club level of 2 or 3
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 1900 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Limited ratings published on April 30th.
- Players with a Players Club level of 1
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 1800 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Limited ratings published on April 30th.
People who win a Trial event are awarded 3 byes in the Grand Prix that it feeds. Trial byes are not cumulative with other byes and do not pass down.
Side Events:Click here for the side events schedule
Side entertainmentBesides the main tournament and plenty of side events, GP Brussels has a lot to offer.
Get you cards signed!
Anthony S. Waters and Martina Pilcerova will be on site throughout the weekend to sign your favorite cards.
- Pros will be available on Sunday for gunslinging
Are you brave enough to challenge them? As well as the fun of playing against a pro, if you manage to defeat them in one of these friendly but serious duels, you can even win boosters
- Win a trip to the next European GP in 2008
Fill in the contest voucher on site (Saturday only) and maybe you will win a trip to the next European Grand Prix of 2008 (travel + hotel) or one of the many other Magic prizes.
- Moxradio brings you the action… live!
Richard Hagon and Ben Coleman bring you Pro interviews, strategy, match reports, updates, and commentary throughout the weekend.
- Read all about GP Brussels in the Gazetteer
Pages: 1, 2, 3
- Want to be a Magic judge?
Then take a judge test on site and maybe you’ll be attending the next Grand Prix as a certified judge.
Travel Information:Low-budget accommodations can be found here
HOW TO REACH
A handy printable document can be found here
These locations will also allow players to preregister for the Grand Prix !
Bring your DCI number and participation fee to register @ the tournament and avoid the crowd on Saturday.
La Table Food and Games
354 Chaussée de Wavre
Tel: +32 (0) 473 99 25 74
Product: Lorwyn + Morningtide
Rue de la tribune 6
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Tel: +32 (0)2 218 04 00
Contact InformationDo you have any comments or suggestions? Drop them in the Idea Box that you'll find at the tournament site.
For more information on the GP
Tel: +32 70/233.277