The third set in the Time Spiral block, Future Sight features 180 cards with randomly-inserted premium cards. All cards in the set are tournament legal. It will be available in booster packs, theme decks, and Fat Packs.
Starting with Time Spiral, there has been a change in how premium cards are distributed. Previously, premium cards replaced a card of the same rarity, so a premium rare would replace a standard rare, a premium uncommon would replace a standard uncommon, and a premium common would replace a standard common. In Time Spiral and in future sets, all rare, uncommon, and common premium cards will replace a standard common instead. It is now possible for there to be two rares in one pack: the standard rare card plus a premium rare (which replaces a standard common).
Time Spiral Cycle, Book 3
by Scott McGough and John Delaney
It’s Time to Make a Stand
Three more planeswalkers are dead or lost. How many more will allow themselves to be led to the slaughter? It’s not easy to convince godlike beings to risk their lives on the word of a man known for his lies. But the fate of the multiverse depends on it.
For once in his life, Teferi can’t run away.
To learn more, go to the Future Sight book product page.
But time fractures still plague Dominaria. The damage to the planar fabric at Tolaria was so severe that it couldn’t be healed—not in the present day. The heroes seek out the planeswalker Karn, the only being ever to travel through time. To heal Tolaria’s rift, Karn uses the full extent of his planeswalking power to enter the rift and return to the past, to the moment before the archwizard Barrin cast a spell that obliterated countless Phyrexians and himself. Karn succeeds and seals the planar rift before Barrin’s actions can rip it open. In the next moment, Karn is lost.
Even as Venser begins to realize his full potential, the planeswalker Jeska returns to Dominaria for the first time since Karona fell. Her friend and ally Karn is gone, and someone will pay. An ancient, evil intelligence drives Jeska’s wrath and threatens to undermine Teferi and Jhoira’s efforts to complete Dominaria’s healing: Leshrac has returned.
Cardlists & FAQs
Downloadable Rules Primers
(For the Future Sight FAQ, see the Magic Set FAQs page.)
Information So Far
- Future Sight minisite
- Arcana announcing Future Sight
- Arcana revealing Future Sight logo and symbol
- Arcana revealing Future Sight product shots
- Arcana revealing Future Sight theme decks
- "Back to the Future Sight" (previewing Venser, Shaper Savant)
- "The Future Is Now, Part 1" (previewing Fleshwrither)
- "Year of the Cat" (previewing Seht's Tiger)
- "Free-Spell Necro(mancy)" (previewing Spellweaver Volute)
- "Actually, All that Glitters Really Is Gold!" (previewing Glittering Wish)
- "The Life of the Party" (previewing Magus of the Vineyard)
- "Grandeur, No Illusion" (previewing Tarox Bladewing)
- "Future Sight Prerelease Primer" (previewing Judge Unworthy)
- "The Future Is Now, Part II" (previewing Gathan Raiders)
- "From the Heart" (previewing Heartwood Storyteller)
- "Gibber Jabber" (previewing Gibbering Descent)
- "Okay, I'll Pay! On Second Thought..." (previewing Pact of Negation)
- "When a Cycle Isn't a Cycle" (previewing River of Tears)