Entry fee varies from location to location. Check with local organizer for specific information.
- Swiss Rounds: Sealed Deck, Top 8: Booster Draft
- Sealed Deck Product:
- 1 Ravnica: City of Guilds Tournament Pack, 1 Guildpact boosters per player and 1 Dissension booster pack per player.
- Booster Draft Product:
- 3 Coldsnap booster packs per player
- Deck lists are required
- If product is not stamped or pre-registered, deck registration and deck swap will be performed for the Swiss Sealed Deck.
- Swiss rounds - 50 minutes per round
- Number of Swiss rounds based on attendance according to the following chart:
|9 - 16||4|
|17 - 32||5|
|33 - 64||6|
|65 - 128||7|
|129 - 226||8|
|227 - 409||9|
|410 or higher||10|
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
- The top 8 players after the final Swiss round will advance to the top 8 single-elimination finals.
- Top 8 matches will be best 2 of 3
- Top 8 matches will have no time limit
- The Top 8 players will be seated randomly at the draft table immediately prior to drafting.
- The Top 8 bracket will be determined using this random seating.
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
- 24K, REL 2
- All Universal Tournament Rules and Magic: the Gathering Floor Rules are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document
- Players must bring pen, paper, card sleeves and appropriate counters.
- At least 1 third-round bye at Grand Prix–Athens is offered at each Trial.
- Product prizes to be determined by the organizer
- Players who want more specific local tournament or registration information should call their local contact phone number.
- Players who have general questions about the Magic: The Gathering trading card game, Wizards of the Coast, Inc., the Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour, Arena–The League for Magic: The Gathering, DCI players’ organization, Qualifier tournaments, the Magic World Championships, National Championships, State/Provincial Championships, or Regionals should call Wizards of the Coast at (800) 324-6496, or go to, http://wizards.custhelp.com.
For further information about Grand Prix Trials, read the Magic: The Gathering Premier Event Invitation Policy at http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dci/doccenter/home.
|County||City||Event Date||3rd Round Byes||Location||Address||Contact phone||Website|
|ENG||Gravesend||20-Aug||1||AEI Henley Sports Club||Christianfield Avenue||--||Website|
|ENG||London||02-Sep||1||The Games Club||County Hotel||07958 224 084||Website|
|ENG||High Wycombe||22-Sep||1||The Place For Games||Longburrow Hall||01844 355 730||Website|
|ENG||Manchester||08-Oct||1||FanBoy3||17 Newton Street||0161 247 7735||Website|
|IE||Carlow||11-Aug||1||Dolmen Hotel||Kilkenny Road||--||--|
Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, Magic, Ravnica: City of Guilds, Guildpact, Dissension, Coldsnap, DCI, Arena, and Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. in the United States and other countries.