Entry fee varies from location to location. Check with the local organizer for specific information.
- Legacy-constructed format
- Deck lists are required.
- Swiss rounds will each be 50 minutes in length
- Top 8 matches will have no time limit
- Number of Swiss rounds based on attendance according to the following chart:
Attendance No. of Rounds 8 – 16 4 17 - 32 5 33 – 64 6 65 – 128 7 129 – 226 8 227 – 409 9 410 or higher 10
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
- The top 8 players after the final Swiss round will advance to the top 8 single-elimination finals
Top 8 Finals
- Top 8 matches will be best 2 of 3.
- Top 8 matches have no time limit.
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will be used to determine final order in the standings.
- 24K, REL Competitive
- All The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and the Magic: The Gathering Infraction Procedure Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document. Rules documents can be found in the DCI Document Center.
- Players are responsible for bringing their own pen, paper, card sleeves, and appropriate counters.
- This is a premier Magic tournament. Organizers and judges of a Grand Prix Trial are not permitted to play in the tournament.
- At least 1 third-round bye at Grand Prix–Columbus is offered at each Trial, based on attendance:
Attendance 3-Round Byes Awarded 8 – 32 1 33 – 64 2 65 – 128 4 129+ 8
- Product prizes to be determined by the organizer
- Players who want more specific local tournament or registration information should call their local contact phone number
- Players who have general questions about the Magic: The Gathering trading card game, Wizards of the Coast LLC, the Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour, DCI players' organization, Qualifier tournaments, Grand Prix tournaments, the Magic World Championships, National Championships, or Regionals should call Wizards of the Coast at (800) 324-6496, or visit http://wizards.custhelp.com/.