Entry fee varies from location to location. Check with the local organizer for specific information.
- The format for all Grand Prix–Sendai 2010 Trial tournaments is Standard Constructed.
- Deck lists are required.
- Each round in the Swiss portion of the tournament will be 50 minutes.
- The number of Swiss rounds will be determined based on attendance according to the following chart:
Attendance No. of Rounds 8 – 16 4 17 - 32 5 33 – 64 6 65 – 128 7 129 – 226 8 227 – 409 9 410 or higher 10
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
- The top 8 players after the final Swiss rounds will advance to the top 8 single-eliminations finals. (If a Trial has exactly 8 players, the tournament shall consist of 3 rounds of single elimination.)
Top 8 Finals
- Top 8 matches will be best 2 of 3.
- Top 8 matches have no time limit.
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will be used to determine final order in the standings.
- All Grand Prix–Sendai 2010 Trials will be run using Rules Enforcement Level: Competitive at 24K.
- All The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and the Magic: The Gathering Infraction Procedure Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document. Rules documents can be found in the DCI Document Center.
- Players are responsible for bringing their own pen, paper, card sleeves, and appropriate counters.
- This is a premier Magic tournament. Organizers and judges of a Grand Prix Trial are not permitted to play in the tournament.
- At least 1 third-round bye at Grand Prix–Sendai 2010 is offered at each Trial, based on attendance:
Attendance 3-Round Byes Awarded 8 – 32 1 33 – 64 2 65 – 128 4 129+ 8
- Additional product prizes may be awarded, as determined by the organizer.
- Players who want more specific local tournament or registration information should contact their local organizer.
- Information in this document is specific to Japan; Trials held outside Japan may have different entry fees, etc. For information regarding tournaments outside Japan, please contact the local organizer.