The entry fee for all Grand Prix—Shizuoka Trial tournaments in Japan is ¥1,000.
- The format for all Grand Prix—Shizuoka Trial tournaments is Standard. For information on this format, please refer to the DCI™ Universal Tournament Rule and Magic Floor Rules documents on the DCI Document Center.
- The Morningtide™ expansion is not legal for use in the Standard format until February 1, 2008. Trial tournaments held prior to this date will not use the Morningtide™ expansion.
- Deck lists are required.
- The structure for all Grand Prix—Shizuoka Trial tournaments will be modified Swiss-style, with the Top 8 players playing in a single-elimination round for prizes and invitations. (In the event a Grand Prix–Shizuoka Trial tournament has 16 or fewer players, the Top 4 players will advance to the single-elimination round.)
- Each round in the Swiss portion of the tournament will be 50 minutes.
- The number of Swiss rounds will be determined based on attendance according to the following chart:
AttendanceSwiss rounds 8 - 16 4 17 - 32 5 33 - 64 6 65 - 128 7 129 - 226 8 227 - 410 9 411 or higher 10
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
- The top 8 players after the final Swiss round will advance to the Top 8 single-elimination finals.
Top 8 Finals
- All Top 8 matches at Grand Prix—Shizuoka Trial tournaments will be best 2 of 3.
- When necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will be used to determine final order in the standings.
- All Grand Prix—Shizuoka tournaments are run at Rules Enforcement Level: Competitive, and are 24K.
- All Universal Tournament Rules and Magic: The Gathering Floor Rules are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this format document.
- Players are responsible for bringing their own pen, paper, card sleeves, and appropriate counters.
- The winning player of each Grand Prix—Shizuoka tournament in Japan will receive an third-round bye at Grand Prix—Shizuoka (to be held March 8-9, 2008). If the winner of a Grand Prix—Shizuoka Trial already has a third-round bye, the bye does not pass down. Byes are only usable for the appropriate Grand Prix and cannot be "carried over" to another Grand Prix tournament.
- Additional product prizes may be awarded, as determined by the organizer.
- Players who want more specific local tournament or registration information should contact their local organizer.
- Information in this document is specific to Japan; Trials held outside Japan may have different entry fees, etc. For information regarding tournaments outside Japan, please contact the local organizer.
Last Update: 2008-02-05
|Date||Location||Venue||Registration||Tournament Organizer||Venue Website|
|2008-02-17||Hokkaido, Sapporo-shi||Higashi Ku-min Center||9:30-10:00||Mitsunori Makino (makino @ icacup.com)||Website|
|2008-02-17||Miyagi-ken, Sendai-shi||Tsutsuji-ga-oka Shi-min Center||9:30-10:00||Yuu saitou (saitoumu @ hotmail.com)||Website|
|2008-02-02||Chiba-ken, Chiba-shi||Chiba Shi-min Kaikan||9:30-10:20||Takeshi Miyasaka (miyaken @ lom.jp)||Website|
|2008-03-01||Chiba-ken, Chiba-shi||Chiba Shi-min Kaikan||9:30-10:20||Takeshi Miyasaka (miyaken @ lom.jp)||Website|
|2008-02-10||Tokyo-to, Hachiouji-shi||Hachiouji Rousei Kaikan||10:00-10:30||Naoaki Umesaki (ume-nao @ myad.jp)||Website|
|2008-02-17||Tokyo-to, Itabashi-ku||Itabashi Green Hall||10:00-10:30||Naoaki Umesaki (ume-nao @ myad.jp)||Website|
|2008-02-10||Kanagawa-ken, Yokohama-shi||Yokohama Nishi-koukaidou||9:30-10:30||Tomoya Nakajima (mtg.japan @ gmail.com)||Website|
|2008-03-02||Kanagawa-ken, Yokohama-shi||Kanagawa Koukaidou||9:30-10:30||Tomoya Nakajima (mtg.japan @ gmail.com)||Website|
|2008-02-09||Nagano-ken, Matsumoto-shi||Matsumoto-shi Kinrousha Fukushi Center||10:00-10:30||Jun Yanagisawa (jylnet @ beige.ocn.ne.jp)||Website|
|2008-03-02||Nagano-ken, Okaya-shi||Okaya-shi Meeting Room||10:00-10:30||Jun Yanagisawa (jylnet @ beige.ocn.ne.jp)||Website|
|2008-02-17||Aichi-ken, Nagoya-shi||Nagoya Kouwan Kaikan||9:30-10:00||Yuu Kanazawa (dianna @ mvb.biglobe.ne.jp)||Website|
|2008-02-10||Ishikawa-ken, Kanazawa-shi||IT Business Plaza Musashi||10:00-11:00||Kaoru Yonemura (pao @ f-o-rainbow.com)||Website|
|2008-02-10||Shiga-ken, Kusatsu-shi||Kusatsu Shi-ritsu Machizukuri Center||10:00-10:30||Satoshi Miyamoto (events @ nekoyan.com)||Website|
|2008-03-02||Osaka-fu, Osaka-shi||Minato Ku-min Center||10:00-10:30||Satoshi Miyamoto (events @ nekoyan.com)||Website|
|2008-03-02||Hiroshima-ken, Fukuyama-shi||Fukuyama Shi-min Sankaku Center||9:20-9:50||Shin'ichirou Tachibana (tachio @ dream-egg.com)||Website|
|2008-02-17||Kochi-ken, Kochi-shi||Kochi Ken-min Bunka Hall||9:30-9:50||Masayuki Kunimitsu (gga01172 @ nifty.com)||Website|
|2008-03-02||Ehime-ken, Matsuyama-shi||Matsuyama Shi-min Kaikan||9:20-9:50||Shin'ichirou Tachibana (tachio @ dream-egg.com)||Website|
|2008-03-02||Fukuoka-ken, Fukuoka-shi||Sawara Shi-min Kaikan||9:50-10:20||Makoto Oobayashi (kyushumtg @ gmail.com)||Website|