Entry fee varies from location to location. Check with the local organizer for specific information.
- The format for all Grand Prix—Kitakyushu Trial tournaments is Sealed Deck with Booster Draft finals.
- Tournaments held before October 2, 2009 will use either 6 Magic 2010 Core Set booster packs or 2 booster packs each of Shards of Alara, Conflux, and Alara Reborn for the Sealed Deck portion of the Trial. For the Booster Draft portion of the tournament, if Magic 2010 was used in the Sealed Deck, each player will receive 3 Magic 2010 boosters to draft with; if Alara Block was used in the Sealed Deck, each player will receive 1 booster pack each of Shards of Alara, Conflux, and Alara Reborn. Check with the tournament organizer for information on which format will be used.
- Trials run on October 2 or later will use 6 Zendikar booster packs for the Sealed Deck potion of the Trial, and 3 booster packs Zendikar for the Booster Draft.
- Deck lists are required.
- Each round in the Swiss portion of the tournament will be 50 minutes.
- Top 8 matches will have no time limit
- The number of Swiss rounds will be determined based on attendance according to the following chart:
|Attendance||No. of Rounds|
|9 – 16||4|
|17 - 32||5|
|33 – 64||6|
|65 – 128||7|
|129 – 226||8|
|227 – 410||9|
|411 or higher||10|
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
- The top 8 players after the final Swiss rounds will advance to the top 8 single-eliminations finals. (If a Trial has exactly 8 players, the tournament shall consist of 3 rounds of single elimination.)
Top 8 Finals
- Top 8 matches will be played using Booster Draft. Seating for the draft will be determined randomly immediately before the draft begins.
- Top 8 matches will be best 2 of 3.
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will be used to determine final order in the standings.
- All Grand Prix—Kitakyushu Trials will be run using Rules Enforcement Level: Competitive at 24K.
- All Universal Tournament Rules and Magic: The Gathering Floor Rules are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this format document.
- Players are responsible for bringing their own pen, paper, card sleeves, and appropriate counters.
- The winning player of each Grand Prix—Kitakyushu Trial tournament in Japan will receive an third round bye at Grand Prix—Kitakyushu (to be held October 31-November 1, 2009). If the winner of a Grand Prix—Kitakyushu Trial already has a third round bye, the bye does not pass down. Byes are only usable for the appropriate Grand Prix and cannot be "carried over" to another Grand Prix tournament.
- Additional product prizes may be awarded, as determined by the organizer.
- Players who want more specific local tournament or registration information should contact their local organizer.
- Information in this document is specific to Japan; Trials held outside Japan may have different entry fees, etc. For information regarding tournaments outside Japan, please contact the local organizer.
- This list will be updated regularly as more Trial tournaments are scheduled.
Last Update: 2009-09-21
|Hokkkaido, Muroran-shi||2009-10-18||Motowa Nishi Kaikan||10:30-11:00||Yuusuke Miwa|
|Hokkkaido, Sapporo-shi||2009-08-16||Chieria||9:30-10:00||Mitsunori Makino|
|Miyagi-ken, Sendai-shi||2009-10-18||Tsutsuji-ga-oka Shi-min Center||9:30-10:00||Toshiyuki Seino|
|Chiba-ken, Chiba-shi||2009-10-11||Chiba Shi-min Kaikan||9:30-10:00||Takeshi Miyasaka|
|Chiba-ken, Chiba-shi||2009-10-18||Chiba Shi-min Kaikan||9:30-10:00||Takeshi Miyasaka|
|Niigata-ken, Sanjou-shi||2009-10-11||Messe Pia||9:10-10:00||Kazuhiro Wakatsuki|
|Tokyo-to, Itabashi-ku||2009-10-12||Itabashi Green Hall||9:30-10:00||Naoaki Umesaki|
|Tokyo-to, Itabashi-ku||2009-10-25||Itabashi Green Hall||9:30-10:00||Naoaki Umesaki|
|Kanagawa-ken, Kawasaki-shi||2009-10-10||Kawasaki-shi Kyoiku Bunka Kaikan||9:30-10:00||Tomoya Nakajima|
|Kanagawa-ken, Kawasaki-shi||2009-10-24||Kawasaki-shi Kyoiku Bunka Kaikan||9:30-10:00||Tomoya Nakajima|
|Nagano-ken, Okaya-shi||2009-10-17||Okaya-shi Meeting Room||10:10-10:30||Jun Yanagisawa|
|Aichi-ken, Nagoya-shi||2009-09-06||Nagoya Kowan Kaikan||9:30-10:30||Yu Kanazawa|
|Aichi-ken, Nagoya-shi||2009-10-18||Nagoya Kowan Kaikan||9:30-10:30||Yu Kanazawa|
|Ishikawa-ken, Kanazawa-shi||2009-10-18||Kanzawa Kageki-za||10:30-11:00||Kaoru Yonemura|
|Hyogo-ken, Nishinomiya-shi||2009-08-16||Nishinomiya Shi-min Kaikan||9:30-10:15||Satoshi Miyamoto||Website|
|Osaka-fu, Osaka-shi||2009-10-11||Kita Ku-min Center||TBA||Satoshi Miyamoto||nekoyan.net|
|Osaka-fu, Osaka-shi||2009-10-25||Nishi Ku-min Center||9:30-10:00||Satoshi Miyamoto||nekoyan.net|
|Hiroshima-ken, Fukuyama-shi||2009-09-13||Fukuyama Shi-min Sankaku Center||9:20-9:50||Shin'ichiro Tachibana|
|Hiroshima-ken, Fukuyama-shi||2009-10-18||Fukuyama-shi Seibu Shi-min Center||9:20-9:50||Shin'ichiro Tachibana|
|Ehime-ken, Matsuyama-shi||2009-10-11||Matsuyama Shi-min Kaikan||9:20-9:50||Shin'ichiro Tachibana|
|Kagawa-ken, Marugame-shi||2009-10-25||Marugame Shi-min Kaikan||9:20-9:50||Shin'ichiro Tachibana|
|Okinawa-ken, Nakagami-gun||2009-10-11||ABSOLUTE ZERO||9:20-9:50||Makoto Oobayashi|
|Fukuoka-ken, Fukuoka-shi||2009-10-18||Sawara Shi-min Center||9:20-9:50||Makoto Oobayashi|
|Fukuoka-ken, Fukuoka-shi||2009-10-24||Chuuou Shi-min Center||9:20-9:50||Makoto Oobayashi|