The entry fee for Grand Prix—Okayama Trial tournaments varies by location.
- The format for all Grand Prix—Okayama Trial tournaments is Sealed Deck with Booster Draft finals. Tournaments held before October 3, 2008 will use 1 Shadowmoor tournament pack and 2 Eventide boosters for the Sealed Deck portion of the Trial, and 2 Shadowmoor booster packs and 1 Eventide booster pack for the Booster Draft. Trials run on October 3, 2008 and later will use Shards of Alara packs for both the Sealed Deck and Booster Draft portions of the event. For information on these formats, please refer to the DCI™ Universal Tournament Rule and Magic Floor Rules documents on the DCI Document Center.
- Deck lists are required.
- The structure for all non-retail Grand Prix—Okayama Trial tournaments will be modified Swiss-style, with the Top 8 players playing in a single-elimination round for prizes and invitations. (In the event a Grand Prix–Okayama Trial tournament has 16 or fewer players, the Top 4 players will advance to the single-elimination round.)
- Each round in the Swiss portion of the tournament will be 50 minutes.
- The number of Swiss rounds will be determined based on attendance according to the following chart:
Attendance No. of Rounds
8 – 16 4 17 - 32 5 33 – 64 6 65 – 128 7 129 – 226 8 227 – 410 9 411 or higher 10
- All players may participate in all Swiss rounds.
- When necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will be used to determine final order in the standings.
Top 8 Finals
- The Top 8 players after the final Swiss round will advance to the Top 8 single-elimination finals.
- All Top 8 matches at Grand Prix—Okayama Trial tournaments will be best 2 of 3.
- All Grand Prix—Okayama tournaments are run at Rules Enforcement Level: Competitive, and are 24K.
- All Universal Tournament Rules and Magic: The Gathering Floor Rules are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this format document.
- Players are responsible for bringing their own pen, paper, card sleeves, and appropriate counters.
- The winning player of each Grand Prix—Okayama tournament in Japan will receive an third-round bye at Grand Prix—Okayama (to be held November 22-23, 2008). If the winner of a Grand Prix—Kobe Trial already has a third-round bye, the bye does not pass down. Byes are only usable for the appropriate Grand Prix and cannot be "carried over" to another Grand Prix tournament.
- Additional product prizes may be awarded, as determined by the organizer.
- Players who want more specific local tournament or registration information should contact their local organizer.
- Information in this document is specific to Japan; Trials held outside Japan may have different entry fees, etc. For information regarding tournaments outside Japan, please contact the local organizer.
Last Update: 2008-10-16
Important Notice: The location for the 10/12 Sapporo Trial has been changed. (08-09-30)
Important Notice: The location for the 11/03 Tokyo Trial has been changed. (08-10-16)
|Date||Location||Venue||Registration||Tournament Organizer||Email or Website|
|2008-09-13||Chiba-ken, Chiba-shi||Chiba Shi-min Kaikan||9:30-10:00||Takeshi Miyasaka||miyaken @ lom.jp|
|2008-09-21||Kanagawa-ken, Yokohama-shi||Oosanbashi Hall||9:00-9:30||The DCI|
|2008-10-11||Tokyo-to, Itabashi-ku||High Life Plaza Itabashi||9:30-10:00||Naoaki Umesaki||ume-nao @ myad.jp|
|2008-10-12||Hokkaido, Sapporo-shi||Chieria||9:30-10:00||Mitsunori Makino||events @ icacup.com|
|2008-10-12||Hiroshima-ken, Fukuyama-shi||Fukuyama- Shi-min Sankaku Center||9:20-9:50||Shin'ichirou Tachibana||Website|
|2008-10-12||Kochi-ken, Kochi-shi||Kochi Ken-min Bunka Hall||9:20-9:50||Shin'ichirou Tachibana||Website|
|2008-10-13||Ehime-ken, Matsuyama-shi||Matsuyama Shi-min Kaikan||9:20-9:50||Shin'ichirou Tachibana||Website|
|2008-10-13||Okayama-ken, Okayama-shi||Okayama Shi-min Kaikan||9:20-9:50||Itaru Tanikawa||wiz @ shinenet.ne.jp|
|2008-10-13||Kanagawa-ken, Kawasaki-shi||Kawasaki-shi Kyouiku Bunka Kaikan||9:30-10:00||Tomoya Nakajima||Website|
|2008-10-19||Miyagi-ken, Sendai-shi||Tsutsuji-ga-oka Shi-min Kaikan||9:30-10:00||Toshiyuki Seino||meg-h @ beige.plala.or.jp|
|2008-10-19||Osaka-fu, Osaka-shi||Chuuou Kaikan||10:00-10:45||Satoshi Miyamoto||Website|
|2008-10-26||Aichi-ken, Nagoya-shi||Nagoya Kouwan Kaikan||9:30-10:30||Yuu Kanazawa||dianna @ mvb.biglobe.ne.jp|
|2008-10-26||Ishikawa-ken, Kanazawa-shi||IT Business Plaza Musashi||10:15-11:00||Kaoru Yonemura||pao @ f-o-rainbow.com|
|2008-11-01||Tokyo-to, Shibuya-ku||Forum 8||9:30-9:55||Yoshiya Shindo||Website|
|2008-11-02||Saitama-ken, Asaka-shi||Asaka-shi Sangyou Bunka Center||9:20-10:00||Kazuhiro Wakatsuki||kamoya @ io.ocn.ne.jp|
|2008-11-02||Hiroshima-ken, Mihara-shi||Mihara-shi Shi-min Fukushi Kaikan||9:20-9:50||Shin'ichirou Tachibana||Website|
|2008-11-03||Tokyo-to, Itabashi-ku||High Life Plaza Itabashi||9:30-10:00||Naoaki Umesaki||ume-nao @ myad.jp|
|2008-11-03||Hyogo-ken, Kobe-shi||Nishinomiya Shi-min Kaikan||9:30-10:00||Satoshi Miyamoto||Website|
|2008-11-03||Kagawa-ken, Marugame-shi||Marugame Shi-min Kaikan||9:20-9:50||Shin'ichirou Tachibana||Website|
|2008-11-03||Fukuoka-ken, Fukuoka-shi||Sawara Shi-min Center||9:20-9:50||Makoto Oobayashi||kyushumtg @ gmail.com|
|2008-11-08||Kanagawa-ken, Yokohama-shi||Yokohama Nishi Koukaidou||9:30-10:00||Tomoya Nakajima||Website|
|2008-11-09||Nagano-ken, Nagano-shi||Monzen-puraza||10:10-10:30||Jun Yanagisawa||jylnet @ beige.ocn.ne.jp|
|2008-11-15||Osaka-fu, Osaka-shi||Minato Ku-min Center||10:00-10:45||Satoshi Miyamoto||Website|
|2008-11-16||Chiba-ken, Chiba-shi||Chiba Shi-min Kaikan||9:30-10:00||Takeshi Miyasaka||miyaken @ lom.jp|
|2008-11-16||Fukuoka-ken, Fukuoka-shi||Jounan Shi-min Center||9:20-9:50||Makoto Oobayashi||kyushumtg @ gmail.com|