31st May & 1st JuneFormat: Block Constructed
Get on the battlefield - Open to all !!Grand Prix are the most exciting events the DCI offers. They're high-energy and held around the world.
The main event is all about competition, but there are also plenty of other reasons to come. Grand Prix’s in Europe are true Magic events. Besides the main tournaments, there’s plenty of excitement throughout the weekend that you can enjoy… Side events, Magic artists on site to sign your Magic cards, Gunslinging Game Play against the pro’s, and lots more…
- Tournament Format: Block Constructed
- Participation Fee: € 15 (£12)
Friday 30th May: from 5:30 to 8:00 P.M.
Saturday 31st May: from 8:00 to 9:00 A.M.
- Tournament begins: 09:00 A.M
- Sunday 1st June: The top 64 (or 128) players begin play at 8:00 A.M.
The main tournament at Grand Prix–Birmingham is open to Magic players of all ages.
- Tournament Structure
- Modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds).
- Rules Enforcement Level (REL) is Competitive (day1) and Professional (day2)
- The Top 64 players (or 128 if 800 or more players registered for the main event) advance to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations.
- The top 16 Players will receive invitations to a Pro Tour Berlin
- Tournament Divisions and Prizes
All prizes are in U.S. Dollars.
Main Tournament Prize Schedule Finish Prize 1 $3,500 2 $2,300 3 $1,500 4 $1,500 5-8 $1000 9-12 $600 13-16 $500 17-32 $400 33-64 $200
Pro Point Distribution
1st place: 8
2nd place: 6
3-4th place: 5
5-8th place: 4
9-16th place: 3
17-32nd place: 2
33-64th place: 1
Tournament Byes (Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year)
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Players with a Players Club level of 4 or higher
- DCI players with a Constructed rating of 2000 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Constructed ratings published on May 28th.
- Players with a Players Club level of 2 or 3
- DCI players with a Constructed rating of 1900 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Constructed ratings published on May 28th.
- Players with a Players Club level of 1
- DCI players with a Constructed rating of 1800 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Constructed ratings published on May 28th.
People who win a Trial event are awarded 3 byes in the Grand Prix that it feeds. Trial byes are not cumulative with other byes and do not pass down.here for the side events schedule
Get you cards signed!
Aleksi Briclot will be on site throughout the weekend to sign your favorite cards.
- Pros will be available on Sunday for Gunslinging Game Play
Are you brave enough to challenge them? As well as the fun of playing against a pro, if you manage to defeat them in one of these friendly but serious duels, you can even win boosters
- Win a trip to the next European GP in 2008
Fill in the contest voucher on site (Saturday only) and maybe you will win a trip to the next European Grand Prix of 2008 (travel + hotel) or one of the many other Magic prizes.
- Moxradio brings you the action… live!
Richard Hagon and Ben Coleman bring you Pro interviews, strategy, match reports, updates, and commentary throughout the weekend.
- Read all about GP Birmingham in the Gazetteer
- Want to be a Magic judge?
Then take a judge test on site and maybe you’ll be attending the next Grand Prix as a certified judge.
Whether you are looking for a Birmingham hotel, guest house, bed and breakfast or a self catering apartment, The NEC Group Birmingham Hotels and Accommodation Directory will help you to find the place to best suit your needs.
HOW TO REACH
TRAVEL BY CAR:
Birmingham is at the hub of the UK motorway network, enabling visitors to travel directly from the M6, M1, M40 and M42. The NEC has its own on-site car parks.
Public transport: The NEC and The NEC Arena are served by Birmingham International station, connected by a covered bridgelink. Birmingham New Street is the UK’s largest interchange station. London is only 90 minutes away and trains also run direct to many regional towns and cities.
TRAVEL BY PLANE:
More than 20 international airlines serve Birmingham International Airport, which is conveniently situated a few minutes from The NEC and The NEC Arena. Together they provide scheduled flights from 34 destinations in the UK, Europe and North America. The group’s venues are also easily accessible from London Heathrow, London Gatwick and other regional airports.
A monorail brings you in a few minutes straight to the NEC; just follow the indications in the arrival terminal.
For more information on the GP
Tel: +32 70/233.277