The Magic: The Gathering
You can now pre-register online for this exciting event!
Note that pre-registration closes 7 days before the event and is not necessary. For more information contact
Tel: +32 70/233.277
Win a trip to Grand Prix Leipzig
...and many other Magic prizes!
At Grand Prix Eindhoven fill out the voucher* that you'll find at the DCI booth and deposit it in the designated box before Saturday, February 26 - 5pm. A draw will be held on Saturday, February 26 st at 6pm.
- 1st prize: Trip to Grand Prix Leipzig
- Plane ticket to and from the GP
- 3 hotel nights (breakfast included)
- 1 free side event per day (2 in total)
- 2nd - 10th prize: An Grand Prix Sweater.
- 11nd - 20th prize: Free side event voucher (to be used at any European GP in 2005)
* Only 1 entry per person.
TOURNAMENT FORMAT AND SCHEDULE
The format for Grand Prix-Eindhoven is Extended. All DCI
Friday, February 25th: Registration from 4:00 - 9:00 PM.
Saturday, February 26th: Registration from 8:00 - 9:00 A.M.
Tournament begins at 9:00 A.M. The Top 64 or Top 128 players advance to competition on Sunday
Sunday, February 27th: The Top 64 or Top 128 players begin play at 8:00 A.M.
Side events will be played on Saturday starting at noon and Sunday the entire day(all kind of formats possible including foreign languages)
5611 ZZ Eindhoven
The main tournament at Grand Prix-Eindhoven is open to Magic players of all ages.
In the event that a player who wins an invitation to a Pro Tour stop at a Grand Prix has already qualified for an invitation, the invitation shall be extended to the next-best finisher in that Grand Prix. Previous qualification may be through a Qualifier tournament, through performance at a professional tournament, or by being an invited DCI
- Tournament Structure
The structure for Grand Prix-Eindhoven will be modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds), with the Top 64 players (or 128 if 800 or more players registered for the main event) advancing to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations. The top 8 previously uninvited Players will receive invitations to Pro Tour- Philadelphia
- Tournament Divisions and Prizes
Grand Prix-Eindhoven will feature the standard "main-tournament" prize schedule as well as a special "Amateur" prize schedule. The Amateur prizes will be paid to the highest-finishing amateur players in addition to any winnings those players receive from the main tournament prize schedule. All prizes are in U.S. Dollars.
Main Tournament Prize Schedule Finish Prize 1 $2,400 2 $1,700 3 $1,200 4 $1,000 5-8 $800 9-16 $500 17-32 $250 Total: $17,500 Amateur Division Prize Schedule Finish Prize 1 $1,500 2 $1,000 3-4 $700 5-8 $400 9-16 $250 Total: $7,500
A player is considered to have amateur status if he or she has 0 lifetime pro points. If a player has ever been awarded ANY pro points from a Grand Prix, Pro Tour, or World Championship event, that player no longer has amateur status, may not participate in the Amateur Championship or Junior Super Series tournaments, and is not eligible for amateur awards at Grand Prix or other tournaments.
Tournament Byes (Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year)
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Third-Round Byes
- Players with 28 or more professional points in the Columbus 2004 professional standing.
- DCI players with a Constructed rating of 2000 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Constructed ratings published on December 15, 2004.
- Second-Round Byes
- Players with 14 or more professional points in the Columbus 2004 professional standing
- DCI players with a Constructed rating of 1900 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Constructed ratings published on December 15, 2004.
- First-Round Byes
- Players with 7 or more professional points in the Columbus 2004 professional standing.
- DCI players with a Constructed rating of 1800 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Constructed ratings published on December 15, 2004.
Wayne England and "Chippie"
- Direct number: +31-40-235 82 48.
- Direct fax: +31-40-235 82 72.
- Direct e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holiday Inn Eindhoven
Veldmaarschalk Montgomerylaan 1
5612 BA Eindhoven
Holiday Inn Eindhoven is ideally situated in the centre of Eindhoven, opposite the Central Station and the “beursgebouw Eindhoven”. The distancy to the airport Eindhoven is only eight kilometres (five miles). The World Trade Centre is only 200 metres from the hotel and luxury shopping centres are in the immediate vicinity.
Hoiliday Inn Eindhoven is offering the following room rates:
€ 75.00 per night for a single room
€ 90.00 per night for a double room
€ 108.00 per night for a room accommodating 3 people
€ 126.00 per night for a room accommodating 4 people
Please make your reservation by telephone and mention “Magic” or "Grand Prix-Eindoven" to get these rates.