The Magic: The Gathering
Win a trip to the next Grand Prix
...and many other Magic prizes!
At Grand Prix Hasselt fill out the voucher* that you'll find at the registration desk and deposit it in the designated box Saturday, January 28 before 5 pm. A draw will be held on Saturday, January 28 - at 6pm.
- 1st prize: Trip to the next Grand prix
- Plane ticket to and from the GP
- 3 hotel nights (breakfast included)
- 1 free side event per day (2 in total)
- 2nd - 20th prize: A Grand Prix Sweater.
- 21st - 40th prize: Free side event voucher (to be used at any European GP in 2005)
* Only 1 entry per player.
There is no pre-registration necessary for this event because it is open for everyone to enter.
Tournament Format And Schedule
The format for Grand Prix–Hasselt is Limited(Sealed deck with boosterdraft finals. All DCI
Friday, January 27: Registration from 4:00 – 8:00 PM.
Saturday, January 28: Registration from 8:00 - 9:00 A.M.
Tournament begins at 10:00 A.M. The Top 64 (or 128) players advance to competition on Sunday
Sunday, January 29: The Top 64 (or 128) players begin play at 8:00 A.M.
Gouverneur Verwilghensingel 70
To Be Confirmed
The main tournament at Grand Prix–Hasselt is open to Magic players of all ages.
- Tournament Structure
The structure for Grand Prix–Hasselt will be modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds), with the Top 64 players (or 128 if 800 or more players registered for the main event) advancing to the second day of competition for prizes and invitations. The top 16 Players will receive invitations to the 2nd Pro Tour in 2006
- Tournament Divisions and Prizes
Grand Prix–Hasselt will feature the standard “main-tournament” prize schedule as well as a special “Amateur" prize schedule. The Amateur prizes will be paid to the highest-finishing amateur players in addition to any winnings those players receive from the main tournament prize schedule. All prizes are in U.S. Dollars.
Main Tournament Prize Schedule Finish Prize 1 $2,400 2 $1,700 3 $1,200 4 $1,000 5-8 $800 9-16 $500 17-32 $250 Total: $17,500 Amateur Division Prize Schedule Finish Prize 1 $1,500 2 $1,000 3-4 $700 5-8 $400 9-16 $250 Total: $7,500
- Amateur Status
A player is considered to have amateur status if he or she has 0 lifetime pro points. If a player has ever been awarded ANY pro points from a Grand Prix, Pro Tour, or World Championship event, that player no longer has amateur status, may not participate in the Amateur Championship or Junior Super Series tournaments, and is not eligible for amateur awards at Grand Prix or other tournaments.
- Tournament Byes (Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year)
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria:
- Players with a Players Club level of 3 or higher
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 2025 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Limited ratings published on November 23, 2005.
- Players with a Players Club level of 2
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 1925 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Limited ratings published on November 23, 2005.
- Players with a Players Club level of 1
- DCI players with a Limited rating of 1850 or higher. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Byes are based on DCI Limited ratings published on November 23, 2005.
To be Confirmed
To Be Confirmed
Arriving by plane
Brussels international airport followed by train to Hasselt
Bus stops at the Arena
For more information contact
Tel: +32 70/233.277