Date: September 15-16, 2012
Format: Magic 2013 Sealed Deck / Booster Draft
Exposition Hall “Elektrifikatsiya”
129223, str. (building) 55, domovlad 119,
Registration: €35 (online) / RUB 1.600 (offline)
Online registration until Wednesday September 12 at www.tournamentcenter.eu
Friday, September 14: 16:00 – 22:00
Saturday, September 15: 08:00 – 09:00
Get your promo card by playing in the Grand Prix (while supplies last).
The Russian capital Moscow has become a modern metropolis and one of the world’s business and scientific centers. It is home to more than 10 million people, of which millions emigrated from the former Soviet republics. The city covers more than 1,000 square kilometers, and receives more than 4 million tourists a year. It hosts offices of the world’s biggest companies and banks in a financial center and has an industrial center with aerospace factories and high-tech business.
Combine your trip to Grand Prix Moscow with a visit to Red Square, a tour of The Kremlin, or any of the many other attractions in this fantastic city.
The Magic: The Gathering Grand Prix tournament series is a great reason to get out into the Magic tournament community, catch up with old friends, meet some new ones, and play some great Magic. Grand Prix tournaments are world-wide open events that allow all Magic players to participate and experience the thrill of a large-scale competition. In addition to cash prizes, a high Planeswalker Points multiplier, and exclusive foil promo cards for participants, Grand Prix feature a host of other activities, including public events and artist signings (prizes subject to change). Find out more about the Grand Prix tournament schedule here.
Tournament Format and Schedule
|Place||Prize Money||Pro Points|
|Top 4 finishers also earn invitations and airfare to Pro Tour Gatecrash. |
All prizes in U.S. Dollars. Prizes subject to change.
Format: Magic 2013 Sealed Deck / Booster Draft
Participation Fee: €35 (online) or RUB 1.600 (in person)
Registration and Schedule
- Online registration until Wednesday September 12 at www.tournamentcenter.eu
- Friday, September 14: Registration 16:00 – 22:00
- Saturday, September 15: Registration 08:00 – 09:00
- Saturday, September 15: Tournament begins at 09:30
- Sunday, September 16: Day Two begins at 08:00
The main tournament at Grand Prix Moscow is open to Magic players of all ages.
Players must have a signed publicity release form to be included in Wizards of the Coast's official online event coverage. Forms can be downloaded here (15k PDF) and will be available onsite. Minors must have a parent or guardian’s signature on this form. Publicity releases will be collected during registration.
- Day 1: Sealed Deck (6 packs of Magic 2013 in Russian. English product will be provided for those who wish to play in English.)
- Day 2 and Top 8: Booster Draft (3 packs of Magic 2013, in English)
- Deck lists are required.
- If product is not stamped or preregistered, deck registration and deck swap will be performed for the Swiss Sealed Deck.
- Modified Swiss-style (50-minute rounds).
- If 799 or fewer players register for the event, all players with an X-2-0 or better record OR the top 64 players—whichever number is greater—will advance to the second day of the event.
- If 800 or more players register for the event, all players with an X-2-0 or better record OR the top 128 players—whichever number is greater—will advance to the second day of the event.
- The Top 8 players after the final Swiss round on Day 2 will advance to the Top 8 single-elimination finals.
- The Top 8 players will be seated randomly at the draft table immediately prior to drafting. The Top 8 bracket will be determined using this random seating.
- Top 8 playoff matches will be best 2 of 3, and have no time limit. (Players are still expected to play at a normal pace and complete playoff matches in a reasonable amount of time.)
- Where necessary, the standings after the Swiss rounds will still be used to determine final order in the standings.
- For the first game of each match in the Top 8, the player that finished higher in the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or to play second. For subsequent games in each Top 8 match, the usual Play/Draw rule applies (loser of the previous game decides whether to play first in the next game).
The Head Judges for this event will be Riccardo Tessitori and Scott Marshall. The regional coordinator is Eugene Bazhenov.
- Planeswalker Points multiplier 8x, Rules Enforcement Level (REL) is Competitive (Day 1) and Professional (Day 2)
- The Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules and the Magic: The Gathering Infraction Procedure Guide are in effect for this event unless specifically overruled by information in this Format Document. Rules documents can be found in the Magic Document Center.
- Players must bring pen, paper, card sleeves and appropriate counters.
- In the event that a player who wins an invitation to a Pro Tour stop at a Grand Prix has already qualified for an invitation, the invitation does not pass down under any circumstances. Previous qualification may be through a Qualifier tournament, through performance at a professional tournament, or by being an invited DCI player (valid upon the date of the official rank announcement for the appropriate professional tournament).
Byes will be given to players in the Grand Prix based on the following criteria (Byes are not cumulative throughout the season or year. Byes do not pass down under any circumstances. Players that accumulate multiple byes to a particular Grand Prix tournament receive only the bye for the greatest number of rounds):
- Winners of Grand Prix Moscow Trial tournaments.
- Players who have accumulated at least 1,500 Planeswalker Points in the 2012 Seasonal Award Season #2 (April 2, 2012 – August 19, 2012)
- Players who have accumulated at least 1,500 Planeswalker Points in the 2012 Seasonal Award Season #3 (August 20, 2012 – December 16, 2012)
- Players with a 2012 Pro Tour Players Club level of 4 or higher
- Players with a 2012-2013 Pro Tour Players Club level of Gold or Platinum
- Members of the Magic Pro Tour Hall of Fame
- Players who have accumulated at least 750 Planeswalker Points in the 2012 Seasonal Award Season #2 (April 2, 2012 – August 19, 2012)
- Players who have accumulated at least 750 Planeswalker Points in the 2012 Seasonal Award Season #3 (August 20, 2012 – December 16, 2012)
- Players with a 2012 Pro Tour Players Club level of 2 or 3
- Players with a 2012-2013 Pro Tour Players Club level of Silver
- Players with a 2012 Pro Tour Players Club level of 1
- Players who have accumulated at least 400 Planeswalker Points in the 2012 Seasonal Award Season #2 (April 2, 2012 – August 19, 2012)
- Players who have accumulated at least 400 Planeswalker Points in the 2012 Seasonal Award Season #3 (August 20, 2012 – December 16, 2012)
People who win a Trial event are awarded 3 byes in the Grand Prix that it feeds. Trial byes are not cumulative with other byes and do not pass down.
For complete information about Grand Prix byes and their corresponding competitive season, please check the 2012 Magic Premier Event Invitation Policy.
In addition to the main event, there will be Magic tournaments in a variety of formats running from Friday to Sunday, such as big Legacy, Standard and Sealed Deck events, Chaos drafts, Two-Headed Giant events, drafts, and more. More information on public events can be found at www.tournamentcenter.eu.
Aleksi Briclot and rk post will be in attendance at Grand Prix Moscow. Briclot is a French illustrator for books, RPG books and magazines. He’s also a comic book artist, and works as a concept artist and art director in the videogame industry. All five original Planeswalkers are from his hand, as well as Gideon Jura, Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas and Primeval Titan. Post was born in 1968 in Iowa, USA. After finishing his illustration classes, he focused on fantasy illustration in the gaming field. He has been contributing art to the game since Exodus, and is still active as an artist. His most famous card art includes Morphling and Avatar of Woe.
- Magic card art by Aleksi Briclot | Aleksi Briclot web site
- Magic card art by rk post | rk post web site
Other Hall Attractions
Win Cool Magic Prizes in the Raffle!
Enter in the free raffle and win Path of the Planeswalker graphic anthologies, laptop bags, foil boosters, free draft vouchers or other cool Magic prizes. All you need to do is fill out the raffle form and drop it in the box before 3 p.m. on Saturday or 3 p.m. on Sunday. Winners will be announced during the next break between rounds. Only one entry per person. When you have entered the raffle on Saturday, you are automatically included in the raffle on Sunday.
Although trading is both allowed and encouraged, please note that the following things are not permitted at this event:
- Buying/selling cards with anyone except for our authorized dealer(s)
- Soliciting to buy/sell cards elsewhere
- Advertising without receiving permission from Wizards of the Coast's on-site Event Manager
- Utilizing an excessive amount of space when trading
- Using suitcases, handcarts, luggage carts, etc. for the purpose of transporting excessive amounts of trade stock.
Information coming soon.
Venue AddressExposition Hall “Elektrifikatsiya”
129223, str. (building) 55, domovlad 119,
Russia Top 64 payout information: email@example.com